AMP needed ? Selection / Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

DamianJP

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought  some stuff awhile back on a whim and didnt realize specs, price was right.

SONY MEX5100BT with 4 x 55w  

Kicker fronts  #40CS54  (RMS 75W , PEAK 225W) 4 Ohm

Kenwood backs #KFC-6965R (RMS 45W , PEAK 400W) 4 Ohm

Will this hurt the system or speakers running as-is?

What are my options to run the speakers the right way? I dont need to go crazy , just get the most out of the speakers and not overload something. If I need/want a small amp, is there a amp to run this setup mentioned above plus a small sub?

Thank you for your time and help,

DamianJP

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought  some stuff awhile back on a whim and didnt realize specs, price was right.

SONY MEX5100BT with 4 x 55w  

Kicker fronts  #40CS54  (RMS 75W , PEAK 225W) 4 Ohm

Kenwood backs #KFC-6965R (RMS 45W , PEAK 400W) 4 Ohm

Will this hurt the system or speakers running as-is?

What are my options to run the speakers the right way? I dont need to go crazy , just get the most out of the speakers and not overload something. If I need/want a small amp, is there a amp to run this setup mentioned above plus a small sub?

Thank you for your time and help,

DamianJP
Distortion will kill and destroy any speaker.. especially when running off of deck power alone in most cases with lack of power and non clarity/distortion. An amplifier will get the most out of your speakers and help with minimum distortion and be much better for the speakers with the gains set properly along with the Hu/radio settings

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.