Amp medics warranty work..

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
Buddy had his audio legion 8500 one week at 1 ohm on 2 zv4 18s. 350 amp EA alt and 2 big *** northstar battery's.

Popped while barely playing. Sent to amp medics. They said not covered.. Was wired too low... ********.... $600 repair cost on a 1 week old amp..

One of my 4 2600 randomly smoked while barley playing. Sent it in 6 months ago... Finally got a response after my dealer kept calling them... They said it's not covered under warranty because it popped from low voltage.... I had a DC 270 AND 5 90AH batteries... Full tilt demos never dropped under 12.8 volts.

Bunch of ********... Waiting on them to tell me what the repair cost will be...

I honestly don't know.

My FSD FZ2600D smoked 3 times, twice I had Amp Medics fix it. Never wired low or ran it too hard, never lower than 12.6v, usually above 13v, nothing that was obviously my fault, but I came up with scenarios that could have happened that would have been my fault the first two times.

The third time I gave up on it. My specific amp must have issues. Maybe it's me. Maybe Steve missed something inherently wrong with the amp.

Buddy had his audio legion 8500 one week at 1 ohm on 2 zv4 18s. 350 amp EA alt and 2 big *** northstar battery's.
Popped while barely playing. Sent to amp medics. They said not covered.. Was wired too low... ********.... $600 repair cost on a 1 week old amp..

One of my 4 2600 randomly smoked while barley playing. Sent it in 6 months ago... Finally got a response after my dealer kept calling them... They said it's not covered under warranty because it popped from low voltage.... I had a DC 270 AND 5 90AH batteries... Full tilt demos never dropped under 12.8 volts.

Bunch of ********... Waiting on them to tell me what the repair cost will be...
refuse service. dont be a ******* as they assume..

My other 4 2600s I never had a problem with..

Audio Legion might be the ones to blame. But amp medics shouldn't say low voltage cause that's complete ********. Amp specs say 8.5-16 volts. I was never higher than 15.3 and never lower than 12.8..

I have a AL3500 and its been great....but at the fsd prices and the first AL prices, perhaps they cut a corner or 2?

The ALs are "upgraded" fsd's...meaning the fsd's didnt have top tier components

send it to someone else. apparently they aren't using the right parts or inferior parts.. they have a guy on FB that get alot of props for buying use blown amps and they seem to work out good..

Yea that's Shane.

I sent it to amp medics because that's who does the warranty work for FSD and Audio Legion. Repair should have been free... Plus should not have taken 6+ months to tell me...

I don't think y'all are understanding.. I'm not discussing the amp.. I'm talking about amp medics ******** reasonings to not warranty amps.

I've had 9 FSD amps. Can't beat them for the price.

I understand that. I just said that I couldn't be certain whether or not he was full of it. Either Steve was wrong from day 1 on my amp, or somehow I keep blowing this amp but never any other, under seemingly identical and proper conditions.

I'm inclined to think there is something wrong in the output section of my 2600 which he failed to notice.

Audio Legion also was company that cried to buildhouse and stopped brutal sounds selling their 5k at $500. So no love for them sad cause no one want their 5k seeing it only did rd 400watts more then 3500 on dyno.

Audio Legion also was company that cried to buildhouse and stopped brutal sounds selling their 5k at $500. So no love for them sad cause no one want their 5k seeing it only did rd 400watts more then 3500 on dyno.
Where did you get this information and how does it have anything to do with the OP?

I'll answer for you, it doesn't

I got it from a source and its 100% fact. Shows character so components could have been downgraded to save money. What they allow medics to repair under warranty could have been modified to reduce warranty pay out. Not saying tru but possible. Only fact is the crying to buildhouse thus stopping the sell of another company's item at a profitable price. A $500 5300k korean/zenon amp can't be allowed.. Also, reason fsd amps even sold out models prices jumped $100? Something is wrong there. 2600 has been sold out close to year at $299 now in past few weeks claim $399 sale price?

Amp medics just does the work,its the factorys call to repair it or not.

I've used them a few times all had been well with me.

He stopped warranty work for crescendo because of bs like this iirc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.