Amp kit and capacitor

The amp is 1200 watt rms but only 800 watt rms for both subs combined probably won't go over 1000 watts if I upgrade subs jus got 1200 watt amp for a lil head room. The amp doesn't accept 0 gauge
Even if the amp doesn't accept 0 gauge, you can strip the strands out to make it fit.. There's nothing wrong with using 4 ga wire, it's just better to go with thicker wire just in case you ended up needing the extra power. If you ever upgrade in the future, you wouldn't have to replace the wire.

i have a stock alt in my liberty and big 3 upgrade, all amp wire is 2 ga. amps are hifonics 100x4 4 ch. and 1200.1 mono and my voltage does not jump around more then .5 to 1v but my lights dim, so i put a cap thinking it might help and it did nothing for me so i am adding an extra battery, then if i need to i will upgrade the alt. this jeep will not have much more wattage then it has now so i am hoping it will be fine...... i am just giving my opinion based on my experience with caps in my situation, i do not totally discount them ( only the cheap crappy ones like i have ) .
Is it your whole dash lights and everything dimming or is it just your headlights? if its just the headlights dimming and your voltages do not drop, you can solve the issue by installing an HID kit. If its everything then you might need a stronger alternator.

i have a stock alt in my liberty and big 3 upgrade, all amp wire is 2 ga. amps are hifonics 100x4 4 ch. and 1200.1 mono and my voltage does not jump around more then .5 to 1v but my lights dim, so i put a cap thinking it might help and it did nothing for me so i am adding an extra battery, then if i need to i will upgrade the alt. this jeep will not have much more wattage then it has now so i am hoping it will be fine...... i am just giving my opinion based on my experience with caps in my situation, i do not totally discount them ( only the cheap crappy ones like i have ) .
My take on the cap issue is that it may help you with dimming lights (in your case it didn't) but it hurts your amps and voltage if pushed too hard. IMO I would never buy or use a cap for any reason... I don't see any benefit at all from what I've seen through the years.

Check out this video guys.. It's an eye opener

Is it your whole dash lights and everything dimming or is it just your headlights? if its just the headlights dimming and your voltages do not drop, you can solve the issue by installing an HID kit. If its everything then you might need a stronger alternator.
unfortunately it is my dome lights and all.

My take on the cap issue is that it may help you with dimming lights (in your case it didn't) but it hurts your amps and voltage if pushed too hard. IMO I would never buy or use a cap for any reason... I don't see any benefit at all from what I've seen through the years.
Check out this video guys.. It's an eye opener

that is the proof right there, good vid, makes you wonder why they still exist.

that is the proof right there, good vid, makes you wonder why they still exist.
Sometimes they act as noise filters and if you have no voltage or power draw issues, you can use one inline between a 4 channel amp and the battery to regulate any small voltage fluctuations. However this is like one of the very last things you do in an SQ competition car. Makes very little difference to the human ear in daily listening.

unfortunately it is my dome lights and all.
Since the batteries are on their way, add them and see if it helps but if it still dims, you'll definitely need a new alt.

So no cap I'll upgrade battery but do I necessarily need like a yellow top deep cycle battery or can I jus upgrade my current auto craft silver 650 CCA to like a autocraft gold 770 cca
I would recommend going with an AGM style battery over a lead acid. They handle rapid charge and discharge much better and are overall much more powerful and stouter batteries.

Can I get one of those at like autozone or somewhere special and are they real expensive?
If you have a sam's club membership, its pretty cheap for a duracell platinum.

Other cheap choices are sears diehard platinum or kinetik batteries. These batteries are well worth it, pretty much gives you 2 or 3 times the performance of a regular battery. I would never buy non agm batteries again even if i'm not doing car audio. Its just that good.

Sams Club will have some. You're also in TN so do some searching around online and see if there are any local places that sell Deka or East Penn.
Yea I found a place close by that has Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM battery for a decent price haven't seen those brands but I'm still searching around

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.