Amp keeps popping fuses??

Bad4health
10+ year member

Hymen Removal Specalist
i have a 95 caprice with the police package suppose 2 b a 140 amp alt.

i have a stock battery up front an a motorcycle maintenance free in back.

1/0 big 3, 4AWG Kicker hyperfleks or some **** to the 2nd batery(foggy blue)

amp grounded to battery in back, battery in back to chassis, 4awg to amp.

100 amp fuse in line, three 30 amp fuses in amp.

gain on amp all the way down, HU goes to 40, in the last week i have blown 5 100 amp fuses an 6 30 amp fuses, problem 1 was one rca didnt work forcing the amp to push harder to go louder(popping fuses)

after new rcas(today) and new fuse(yesterday), after regrounding and checking all connections, during demo 2day popped inline fuse, do i need another battery or get alt checked? or bigger wire? somebody give me pointers on what i need 2 do. cant get new batteries right now. i have to get a new windshield replaced this week.

----------subs are 2 15s 500 rms each. amp puts suppose to be round 1200rms at 1ohm

1200 was rms at 1 ohm an 2 500 watt rms subs, wen its low it doesnt dim bad, but wen its goes to 40 it dims bad then hood fuse pops an leaves second battery in the dark trying to push all that power by it self.

1200 was rms at 1 ohm an 2 500 watt rms subs, wen its low it doesnt dim bad, but wen its goes to 40 it dims bad then hood fuse pops an leaves second battery in the dark trying to push all that power by it self.
what kind of amp?

imo sounds like one of 2 things,

1, bad amp

2, not enough current to run things.

The run from the front to the back should also be 1/0 and have 300 amp fuses on each end, and from the back battery to the amp you can use the 100 amp fuse. As for dimming you'll need more batteries and a larger h/o alt.

Edit: If the car has a frame rail make sure both the frame and chassis are grounded together in front and back as you can never have enough grounds.

so more 1/0? the power wire has no shorts, i just bought it like last week. is 300 amp fuse to high for kicker zr600?? the car does have a frame, and i checked it wen i was doin the trans install a few grounds that lead from the body to frame

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.