Amp installation questons

skullsmasher
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca
Ok I have my amp hooked up with some really thick wire. It does not require that thicknes but I am installing a new amp and box, so I will re locate the amp. I was going to use the origianl wire but just splice the other 1600w wire into it so it will reach. Is this gonna be a problem ?

Is an autotek 1400d mono amp gonna need any additional power or will it be fine off the battery in my truck ?

Thanks you guys, I am just about done with my questions I think and I should be able to install this much easier with all of your help here.

1) how would you go about splicing it?2) if you already have a battery in your trunk then why not just run an extra power wire for your other amp, if its that close?

1. I was going to expose the wires on both ends to be conected and crimp it together then electric tape over it. Ghetto? Lol.

2. The only battery I have is my one under the hood.

are you running two amps or one? if you are just gonna run one, i would personally run all new wire, so you dont have added resistance by splicing it, and hard for the current to reach your amp. if you are running two, then just use a distribution block, where the wire ends then add on from there. the reason i asked how many you were running was because it sounded like you were running two in your original post. and also if you are thinking about ever adding on, then you may want to just add a distribution block right now, and then you wouldnt have to run new wire, and it would be easier to add on later down the road.

and also if you are thinking about ever adding on, then you may want to just add a distribution block right now, and then you wouldnt have to run new wire, and it would be easier to add on later down the road.
good idea. Thanks.

I love you.

your welcome, and i think we should get to know each other better before we get to serious

*I'm sorry, I always move too fast. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

* - I am not ghey, j/k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.