Amp installation problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

mike98789
10+ year member

I am installing Alpine 4 channel F300 amp in my 04 miata. I connected the amp with 2 RCA cables to the head unit. connected the speakers to the output of the amp. Sound just from one set of speakers and not all 4. What can be the problem? How do I set tune the amp to play normally. I have Pioneer Head Unit. Alpine F300 amp. Infinity Kappa component speakers and Polk audio 3.5 speakers for the rear.

When running a 4ch amp, you generally need to use 2 sets of RCAs(4 jacks 2 red 2 wht) unless there is some sort of pass through switch. I read up on what I think is your amp and I didn't see one. If this is the case, you will need to run another set of RCAs. As far as tuning, Im not the best person to explain that

You ran two separate rca cables correct? The sound is only comming out of the front or just the back, right?

try switching the rca cables around on the amp, if you now get sound out of speakers that you didnt before but the others are quiet its either an rca or headuint issue. If your headunit only has 2 sets of preouts, one of them might be a sub/fullrange switchable and its set to sub right now.

You ran two separate rca cables correct? The sound is only comming out of the front or just the back, right?
try switching the rca cables around on the amp, if you now get sound out of speakers that you didnt before but the others are quiet its either an rca or headuint issue. If your headunit only has 2 sets of preouts, one of them might be a sub/fullrange switchable and its set to sub right now.

^^this^^

Yes, there should be a setting to change that rear preout to full instead of s/w.

I'm not sure how it is on newer pioneer units but on my older one, you hold down function when its off and cycle through the options.

I'm not sure how it is on newer pioneer units but on my older one, you hold down function when its off and cycle through the options.
Yep, if his HU is like my newer Pioneer decks then it will need to be off to change that setting.

And I believe the default setting has that output "Off".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.