Amp installation issues

cbr600rr

Hi All, I'm installing an amp and subs that I got for Christmas. The issue

is that the protection light on the amp flashes with the bass being output

from the music.

I am using line level inputs, I tapped into the speaker wires in the

backseat area right before they enter the tube into the rear doors. Could

this be the issue? Where I tapped in?

The truck is a '97 explorer and the amp is clarius 600m.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply, the gain is all the way down, I tried adjusting it up and down and it didn't help.

I also forgot to mention in my original post that the subs aren't making any output at all, and I've assumed the fact that the protection light is flashing with the bass is the issue.

Thanks.

Check for a short in your sub wiring. Im just about betting that you have a short in the wires that go to the sub/s.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

did you check to make sure that your amp and subs are the same ohm independence and that you wired the subs right, you may have two different loads going on in your install

Originally posted by jgallo772 did you check to make sure that your amp and subs are the same ohm independence and that you wired the subs right, you may have two different loads going on in your install
For one thing the Amp doesnt have an ohm of it own. But he does have a point, if the amp is seeing a load that is too low then that will also send the ampinto protection mode.

Hi Thanks for the replies.

The Amp is a Profile Clarus 600M. The subs are Visonik S4 which have a single 4 ohm voice coil.

The issue occurs whether I have a sub connected (4 ohms) both subs connected in parallel (2 ohms) or no subs connected at all.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by cbr600rr Hi Thanks for the replies.

The Amp is a Profile Clarus 600M. The subs are Visonik S4 which have a single 4 ohm voice coil.

The issue occurs whether I have a sub connected (4 ohms) both subs connected in parallel (2 ohms) or no subs connected at all.

Thanks for your help.
Connect only 1 sub for now and see if it works. I'm not familiar with this amp, is it a single channel amp?

Hi, Yea, I tried it with one sub connected and is still happening, it even happens with no subs connected (if this tells us anything).

The amp is a one channel mono subwoofer amp.

Could it be that where I tapped into the rear speaker lines for the high-level input is after the factory (small) amp?

Thanks again for all your help.

Originally posted by cbr600rr Hi, Yea, I tried it with one sub connected and is still happening, it even happens with no subs connected (if this tells us anything).

The amp is a one channel mono subwoofer amp.

Could it be that where I tapped into the rear speaker lines for the high-level input is after the factory (small) amp?

Thanks again for all your help.
Yep...that could be your problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.