Amp help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Hi guys im getting a VERY cheap sub system and im sticking to it i only make so much money at 16..

well im getting, MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure:Amazon:Car Electronics

It it 200 watts rms MAX for both subs so i need a 400 watt amp at 2 ohm and i am finding hel* of a time finding a quality amp thats 400 rms at 2 ohm there is a pioneer model im looking at but hardly anywhere to buy so this brings me to my question.. its 400 watt rms MAX can i run 500 watts and not blow them or get them hot? ?? Will they be fine for years if i run at 500? Please help thanks! :)

I looked it up 400 rms per sub I have an amp that would be perfect for them plus I could use the feed back to make more transactions on here its a rockford p6002 let me kno what you wanna do its brand new just dont have the silver covers

lost me here , op you say the sub is 400 rms ,which is right and d 4 as well ,but then you say that you need a amp at a 2 ohm load and then say your running subs as in 2 not one ,so which is it ?

[quote name='mylows10']lost me here , op you say the sub is 400 rms ,which is right and d 4 as well ,but then you say that you need a amp at a 2 ohm load and then say your running subs as in 2 not one ,so which is it ?[/QUOTE]

He is buying the MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure. They will NOT handle 400 watts rms per sub. I would run a true 4 hundred watt amplifier to this enclosure.

Whats your budget OP?

@mylows10 ;
MTX Mobile Dual 12" 2© Sealed 800W Peak Subwoofer Enclosure

You have to be a retard to not understand wat I said I said they are 400 rms a piece , are you running two subs or one , and are you getting the subs that are 2 ohm vc , or 4 ohm vc also I have an amp that would be perfect to run either 1 or 2 of these subs * understand now

You have to be a retard to not understand wat I said I said they are 400 rms a piece , are you running two subs or one , and are you getting the subs that are 2 ohm vc , or 4 ohm vc also I have an amp that would be perfect to run either 1 or 2 of these subs * understand now
Sorry man, but the 400 watts rms is per pair. NOT per sub. The enclosure that you mentioned has two single 4 ohm sub paralled together for a 2ohm load. They will handle 400 watts as a pair. Plus they are in a 5/8" MDF sealed enclosure with NO bracing. Not sure what you paid for it. But you should have researched a little more. Maybe, they will do what you want. But for most of the people on here, they would be able to get louder with one 8" sub. Not trying to knock you, but to come on here and try and call mylows10, a well respected vendor, a retard is not gonna get you much help around here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.