Amp Help

IBunkerU

I am kinda new to the whole car audio thing, and here is my problem. I have two power acoustik furb 12s and a legacy rebel 4000w amp my problem is I keep blowing fuses Its okay untill I really turn it up, but when I do it will blow a fuse on the amp. Please let me know if you have any idea why its doing this.

I had the same problem back when I was new to car audio. I ended up getting a circuit breaker. It helped but sometimes when I turned it up loud the system would shut off and I'd have to wait to park the vehicle to flip the switch back into the on position, and at times it wouldnt go back into position. Turns out the person who did my system wired it incorrectly to the amp. The sub was wired at an impedence that the amp could not handle. That may be one problem, you should also check your grounds. Make sure you're using the right sized fuses for the amp and make sure the one by the battery is the same size as the one for the amp.

Okay by independence you mean? The ground is good it is also run in 4 gauge wire though, I am using 2 35 amp fuses on the amp and a 100 amp anl fuse by the battery.

if you're using 4 gauge wire you should fuse it at the battery for around 150amps regardless of what amps are hooked up. You do the main fuse for the amperage capacity of the wire

impedence is measured in ohms. How low can your amp go? 2 ohms or 1 ohm? and what is the subwoofer wired for, 4 ohms, 2 ohms, or 1 ohm?

For a detailed definition you can google ther terms by typing "define: impedence" or by going to http://www.bcae1.com and on the right side you can scroll down and find a bunch of info and it will really explain what things are, how they work, etc.

This shows you how to wire your subs to 2 Ohms.

Your only other options are 0.5 Ohm, which I seriously doubt your amp could handle, or 8 Ohm.

Where it shows the +2- going to the subs is the load your amp is seeing. The postive + will connect to the far left + on your amp, the negative - connects to the far right - on your amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.