Amp goes into protect mode at 4 ohm but not 1 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

Warren89
10+ year member

Maine
After I rewired my subs, two 3002d4, from 1 ohm to 4 ohm, the amp began going to protect mode at high volume levels. I wired them to 4 ohm because the subs would get a little smelly and I didn't want to blow the subs. I checked all my wiring and it seems to be fine. I checked the batteries and I noticed that they aren't identical either. It had two batteries in it when I bought it. Battery number 1 is duralast gold with 1000ca and battery number 2 is a Napa 1040ca. There in wired + to+ and - to -. I have a 100 amp fuse between the second battery and the amp. The fuse is so low because I haven't done the big three yet and I'm afraid of burning he wires up. Any help would be nice. I've only blown one 100 amp fuse using a Brutus 2400.1 that just doesn't sound right to me

To clarify I was speaking of the batteries and I thought that was the proper term I was just unsure. Is it OK that they are not identical

I know the fuse is too small. The point is to avoid stressing the wires under the hood until theamp weather permits me to do the big 3. I'll look into the gains but I never changed the gains from when I had it 1 ohm

I'm not sure exactly what it was but I'm leaning towards gain matching. I took the subs out, replaced all the wires and took some time to tune the amp. I also replaced the fuse with 200 amp one. And I'd also like to know if the battery's not being exact matches is OK.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.