amp goes into protect mode after i turn it up

Participant count
  • Participant list

Squirrel18
10+ year member

I just got finished reconing my hdc and was going to free air it in my truck off an ap1500d. When I had removed the amp back in january it worked completely fine. Now I have everything hooked up and it goes into protect mode when i turn up the volume to a moderate level. I turn it down, it powers back up. Any clue what this could be? Bad ground?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

16.6 is way too high. That will destroy an AGM battery. What alternator brand did you use? Sounds like a voltage regulator issue. Are you...
Two subs, same issue, two LOC's same issue, seems to me that there is an issue upstream. Have you tested the amp disconnected from the signal...
No need to bypass the amp. Most use an LOC that takes the full amped signal and turns it into a flat RCA level signal. Here is the newest I have...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...

About this thread

Squirrel18

10+ year member
Squirrel18
Lincoln, Delaware
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from