Amp gain versus speaker rms

Participant count
  • Participant list
You just have adjust your gain knob while listening to your speaker. Slowly turn it up until you hear any distortion or problems with them. Have your sub off when you do this, and adjust super slowly. Usually, having the volume on your head unit at about 75% when turning up your gains will give you a good idea of how loud you can play daily without damaging your speakers. If you adjusted your gains with your stereo volume at 30, then 30 should be your maximum listening level when you’re driving around jamming out.

Is thier a way to determine wattage output based on gain voltage?..My concern was overpowering the front speakers which are 60rms..I purposely chose an amp that is more output so i can get as clean as possible power at max rms of the speakers..just worried about blowing them really with too much clean power.

this is how you do it. test tones are at the very bottom

Thank you for link...I may not be asking the right question to what im trying to find.

Im trying to find out if you can determine wattage output at a certain gain level..Im wanting to feed the front speakers less than the rms power of the amplifier.

The front componant speakers are rated at 60rms..the amp is 100rms...Can i go by an amperage or voltage reading to determine rms power at a certain gain voltage?

use this formula....

v = sqrt of (wattage x impedance)

so if you want to use 60 watts, you multiply 60 times the speakers impedance, (say 4 ohms) and then square root it

so v = 15.49

The target voltages seemed to over so im going to try to figure out by what percentage and try a little lower than the target.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.