Amp for SA 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheFiverMan
10+ year member

:)
Well im back going with a much smaller setup and I have my T Line back in. Not sure what small amps are out there because Ive never been in the market for a 1000 watt amp lol. its always been 2000-5k. Let me know whats out there. Please No Chinese made amps though unless you can really convince me they are worth it. Budget no more than 275. Thanks!

Yes sir 1ohm. Ive forgot all about that amp. Ive seen it mentioned a lot lately. 279 is a good deal
they test well

as far as china amps the pioneer and rockford 1200 are very good for the $.. pioneer don't have ss filter but u could find one of those 2 amps used on fb, cl or whatever for like $100 to though

Agreed on the Wolfram. Look around.....I've seen some of the Wolfram amps pop up here and there and they sell pretty fast. Seen some SQ amps too, for cheap, within your budget. DD, American Bass, etc those may be hard to come by used but doesn't hurt to keep looking.

Yeah Im sure the new S1 series does rated im just not sure im confident enough to buy a chinese made amp. Ive always had Korean built amps and beat the hell out of them with no problem.

It’s a chinese made amplifier but it does over 1200 rms certified and cost $220 from Crutchfield. It’s the Infinity Kappa K1000. Best part about this amplifier is it’s efficiency, it’s good with stock electrical if that matters to you.

Can’t speak for longevity but for reference I have several 10 year old Alpine amplifiers that are Chinese made and are still going strong. I have the Infinity K1000 amplifier for my SA-12 in a ported box tuned to 34 Hz and it sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Im sure the new S1 series does rated im just not sure im confident enough to buy a chinese made amp. Ive always had Korean built amps and beat the hell out of them with no problem.
heck yeah if u need 2 ohm that infinity is nice..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.