amp for hertz mlk 165s

Yeah, you don't have to have RCA's to use the MS8. It comes with hi level input plug. You find out the color codes of your head unit speaker wires and hook up to them. For instance, if your front right is red and red and black, the plug will be labeled for front right. you just hook up the positive and neg and it gets its signal from that. The MS8 does its processing and creates a low level (RCA) output to send to your amps. It designed to be able to get a great system keeping your stock headunit. There is a thread over on DIYMA that is really long that goes into crazy detail all about the MS8. It tells you how to hook it up, tune it, tricks and tips, etc. Really useful thread.

JBL's MS-8 processor! - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

JBL made a great tool for newcomers to running active running the MS8, but keep in mind you will need to know basic info like what crossover points you'll be selecting. After that, setup is pretty simple. Also, That Levi would be great. It is the V2 which means you get balanced inputs (big plus, sad to see it go on the V3 when they shortened the casing) and has gobs of power on tap with pretty nice crossover selections. While you can't select the slopes, you do get nice steep ones and the noise floor is ridiculously low for such a small form factor amplifier. It's also very efficient.

Ok i just bought that zed amp. Its to good of an amp to pass up
Thats awesome man. Did you buy the one from him or a new one from vertex? That with that MS8 and some HSK's are going to sound great. Some people don't like Hertz too much but they are my favorite brand

Yea i got that one out the classifieds for 500. Still have another month before i get the car to get a good deal on a ms8. Seems like ive been waiting forever to hear these mlks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.