Amp for dd9512 please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

stephens30228
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am being a dd9512 e or f 4ohm and I need suggestions please for an amp to run good wattage off it running 4ohm, I want to use the same amp when I get another one to run as 1ohm please. I do currently have a 4ohmkicker, can I just pair them to run as 1 or would that kill the 400rms kicker? Thank you!

I am being a dd9512 e or f 4ohm and I need suggestions please for an amp to run good wattage off it running 4ohm, I want to use the same amp when I get another one to run as 1ohm please. I do currently have a 4ohmkicker, can I just pair them to run as 1 or would that kill the 400rms kicker? Thank you!
It's dual 4 ohm so it'll be 2 ohms final //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

And no don't run it with mixed subs if that's what U mean.....

Oh with one sub, you just half the ohms on the sub if its dvc? And yes thats what I meant. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Parallel wiring will give u a final 2 ohm load for that one sub so find 1500+ at 2 ohms and get a good box designed and built and you'll be pounding.
Never mix subs
Well your budget was wayyyy higher than mine, but since originally I was looking at 2 4ohm the audiopipe apsm1500 would have been great. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Well your budget was wayyyy higher than mine, but since originally I was looking at 2 4ohm the audiopipe apsm1500 would have been great. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
If u can do $300 on an amp, I'd pick up that Kicker zx1500 in the WTT section. That'll at least be decent power to it, and in the right box it'll still get pretty nasty.

I don't mess with anything Audiopipe....so I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, with any setup, or any budget.....I'd say save some cash and do it right, even if that means not buying my sub at this point. I'd hate to see ya spend your money and hate your setup...just sayin...

If u can do $300 on an amp, I'd pick up that Kicker zx1500 in the WTT section. That'll at least be decent power to it, and in the right box it'll still get pretty nasty.I don't mess with anything Audiopipe....so I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, with any setup, or any budget.....I'd say save some cash and do it right, even if that means not buying my sub at this point. I'd hate to see ya spend your money and hate your setup...just sayin...
I'm getting the sub lol, dont you worry about that one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

LOL, just saw the payment received.....ok, now to find you an amp...what budget can u work with?
Well right now I'm in the doghouse for buying the speaker, so as low as possible lol, I'm just wondering, why dont you like the audiopipe amps? Seem to have good reviews, that would be $100, and 1000 watts at 2ohms.

Well right now I'm in the doghouse for buying the speaker, so as low as possible lol, I'm just wondering, why dont you like the audiopipe amps? Seem to have good reviews, that would be $100, and 1000 watts at 2ohms.
You get what you pay for, and I know some ppl will have everything in the world to say about it; but Audiopipe is cheap for a reason (obviously, when you try to pay $100 for 1500wrms, you're not getting great quality). It's not the most well built, inefficient, and I have yet to see a test about it "doing rated" that mentions THD (distortion). I'm sure a few people would say the Hifonics Brutus amps are better than Audiopipe, and I even hated my Brutus so I'll never buy Audiopipe...

Some ppl seem to like em though, and seem to get good results....guess it depends on what you expect from your equipment and how picky you are (I'm very picky lol). A local just picked up an APSM 1500 and says he loves it for what he paid.....more power to him....I still wouldn't touch one with a 30ft. pole after having better amps and seeing the deals u can get on good amps if you're patient....

Cliffs: They're cheap crap in my eyes. If you choose to buy one, its on you. Just know...ya get what ya pay for....

You get what you pay for, and I know some ppl will have everything in the world to say about it; but Audiopipe is cheap for a reason (obviously, when you try to pay $100 for 1500wrms, you're not getting great quality). It's not the most well built, inefficient, and I have yet to see a test about it "doing rated" that mentions THD (distortion). I'm sure a few people would say the Hifonics Brutus amps are better than Audiopipe, and I even hated my Brutus so I'll never buy Audiopipe...Some ppl seem to like em though, and seem to get good results....guess it depends on what you expect from your equipment and how picky you are (I'm very picky lol). A local just picked up an APSM 1500 and says he loves it for what he paid.....more power to him....I still wouldn't touch one with a 30ft. pole after having better amps and seeing the deals u can get on good amps if you're patient....

Cliffs: They're cheap crap in my eyes. If you choose to buy one, its on you. Just know...ya get what ya pay for....
Well I get what your saying, I was just wondering is all... Seems kind of like a recent kicker conversation I had, until recently I thought kicker was the best! Well I found out by no means are they, they are just a cheap choice compared to. Well I will keep searching, I just want something that will push now AND when I decide to get another and run 1ohm.

Well I get what your saying, I was just wondering is all... Seems kind of like a recent kicker conversation I had, until recently I thought kicker was the best! Well I found out by no means are they, they are just a cheap choice compared to. Well I will keep searching, I just want something that will push now AND when I decide to get another and run 1ohm.
Kicker is not "the best"...but its waayy better than some of the crap people will recommend to you just because "its not mainstream", especially when it comes to amps ESPECIALLY AUDIOPIPE. I listened to all of that "Kicker is garbage, get Hifonics, etc." BS when I first joined the forums and I'll NEVER do it again. I have a Kicker zx750 sitting right here that works fine and always has and I'd take it over half the crap recommended online as "better". Ya just gotta know what advice to listen to and what to call BS on lol. Its best to talk to ppl with actual experience too, not some kid with a boner for the new thing....

But, I see where you're coming from wanting something to leave room to upgrade, which is why I REALLY suggest saving and doing it right. You'll need electrical upgrades for that kind of power too; especially for 2 9512s at one ohm. (HO alternator, batteries, solid wiring....)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.