Amp for Dayton HO 12"

After doing some research I found some saying the Taramps don't sound very good, and I'm a bit concerned with reliability as It's a cheaper product. Will I notice a significant difference in sq if I went with the $300 JL JX1000 over the $180 Taramps? If I'm only running 700w rms to my sub - even though the taramps can handle 1000w rms - would I not have to worry as much about it crapping out on me since I'm not maxing it out? I'm someone who spends a lot of time in their car listening to music so It would get a good amount of use. I'm willing to pay more for better sq + reliability, but if there isn't much of a difference the Taramps would be the way to go.
You are reading old threads on outdated information. Technology has advanced and all the good competition brands are going full bridge designs. Keep in mind taramps is not some china special, this brand has taken world SPL titles recently. Just average joes gave no clue other than jl, rockford and kicker which are way past their prime.

After doing some research I found some saying the Taramps don't sound very good, and I'm a bit concerned with reliability as It's a cheaper product. Will I notice a significant difference in sq if I went with the $300 JL JX1000 over the $180 Taramps? If I'm only running 700w rms to my sub - even though the taramps can handle 1000w rms - would I not have to worry as much about it crapping out on me since I'm not maxing it out? I'm someone who spends a lot of time in their car listening to music so It would get a good amount of use. I'm willing to pay more for better sq + reliability, but if there isn't much of a difference the Taramps would be the way to go.
This video = end of thread

Alright looks like Taramps MD 1200 2ohm is the move. Thank you guys for all your help, you have made this process much easier and I rlly appreciate y’all taking the time out ur day to help out a noob.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.