• Thread starter <assman>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
    Participant list
&

<assman>

i have 2 12" boss subs 700w max 350wRMS duel voice coil (6ohms a piece) i only have one box right now so i only have one hooked up and its on a 420w boss amp problem is i have no clue about all this ohm stuff and i dont know how many ohm my amp is anyways the amp seems to be a lil to much for just one of these subs i guess if i hook both to it it might sound ok or should i get a new amp and if i should what would be a good one for these subs?

your amp is not what creates the ohm rating. I myself have never heard of dual voice coil speakers beinb 6 ohms per voice coil. $ is the norm per voice coil. If your woofer sounds bad it may be the enclosure (box) and not the extra power. I must say though that boss has never been the primium choice in any car stereo system however, it isn't impossible to make any stereo sound good. measure your box.....L times W times H take the answer from that divide by 1728 the answer is your air space

for example a box measuring 12 x 12 x 12

would give you 1728, which of course when divided by 1728 is 1 or 1 cubic foot of air space is in that box. your box may be too big which would make it sound like the speaker was not handling the power.

My advice would be to measure your box, and check the recommended air space for your speaker. Most 12" speakers reauire somewhere between 1.5 to 2.0 cubic feet of air space, average some are more some are less.

your voice coil on dual voice coil speakers is normally 4 per voice coil (I had to correct that I put $ in your reply. The speaker is what creates the ohm load the amp sees

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.