Amp doesn't work

Are you sure its not any settings on your HU? Do you have the sub channel turned down or off? Or do you have any other equalization on the HU that would affect the sub?

What subs do you have, and how are they wired? Possibly have them wired backwards (series, instead of parllel), where your ohms would increase and have alot less output?

The polarity is fine because they would go inward rather than outward. I think it could possibly be a HU setting issue. I never had 2 amps before and I don't know if the old pioneer can understand what to do. Would it matter if RCAs were backwards? I rechecked the wires and wired them per JLaudio.com tutorial. I just believe it is a setting issue somewhere.

I have Pioneer 740MP.

My another amp is a diamond audio D3.400 -->works great, still trying to tune it but always getting better.

I have a battery terminal with a 4ga and 0ga. The 4 ga is going to the D3.400 and 0ga to the D2. Both amps come on. I have noticed that in wiring if I use the left side, the remote knob works, but the right side it does not.

My friend said it did not have a cross-over, but there are a couple of tuning options. I assume that would be the cross-over.

What I belive is occuring is that I have one tuning option cancelling out the other tuning option. I have moved the gain up and down with no real results, however I do have dimming which leads me to belive the amp is requiring more power at higher gains (which makes sense to me) however output is not increased.

I am running 2 pioneer 2000spls wired down to 1 ohm.

I can provide any more info if needed.

md2.jpg

24dB crossover...Im gonna guess thats the SSF though....

maybe it sets below hearing? I know my friend had a bass cd one time and his subs just moved but you could not hear them. Is this possible here?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.