amp delima need help

sleek_benzo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have currently:

DIAMOND AUDIO S600s 6.5" COMPONENT SET

and

(2) 12" JL W3 which will be replace by a 12" Magnum D2 or maybe two if i'm not satisfy... the question is:

i need two amp that are the same brand (thats just me i guess, i like things that match) to run my mids and my sub currently looking at:

Avionixx AXA 600.2 (is 175W too much for the diamond??)

Avionixx 1200.2

or

Hifonics ZX6000

Hifonics BX1000D

anything else i should be looking at??

i pretty much a newbie and my budget i would say be around 0.00 to 1000.00 for both amp i need something that will awe my friends.. any input will be much appreciated

I don't know about Avionixx but Hifonics have had their problems recently and A LOT of people have been posting on things going wrong with them.

Shutting off for no reason, and then turning ur hed unit off an then on again the amp will work fine.

I can second this because I had a NX750 and it did the same exact thing and less than a week later it crapped out on me.

If you have a budget of up to a $1000 your in good shape. Get yourself a pair of JL 500/1. These are amazing amps. Each one will put out atleast 600 RMS at loads between

1.5-4 ohms.

JL is hella expensive.

Look at the avionixx's, very nice amps for the money. I've never had a problem with my hifonics and its been running at 1 ohm for over 4 months now, it barely even gets warm.

Also, check Phoneix Gold, their new tantrum mono amp is supposedly very good.

phoenix gold was one that i looked into i have the xs i worked great.. only problem was i got warm after a few hours... other than that great amp

looking at

Phoenix Gold Tantrum T500.2 for components

PHOENIX GOLD TANTRUM T1200.1 for the two magnum d2

phoenix gold was one that i looked into i have the xs i worked great.. only problem was i got warm after a few hours... other than that great amp
looking at

Phoenix Gold Tantrum T500.2 for components

PHOENIX GOLD TANTRUM T1200.1 for the two magnum d2
That sounds like a good combo. I hear the 1200.1 is good for over 1400 RMS.

Only problem with those tantrums I've read that they draw a shitload of current so I hope your alternator can handle it. Also, I'm downing PG, but Tantrums have shitty effeciency ratings. (In the low 60%). Thats why ive stayed away from them. Id still go with the JL's. They maybe expensive but thats only because they are good and if you got the money then you should always go with the best.

Also you could check out the Titanium 800.1 or 1000.1.........they are a lot more $$$$ than the JL's but are still nice.

now theres a problem... i have a mercedes and finding an high ouput alternator have been a long quest leading nowhere... i'm pretty sure i can get it rewound alittle more... thinking of a batcap cause i can surely use the power... about the titanium budget is 1000.00 and its alittle over my budget... kind of need to keep it within 1000.00 or less... perferrably less... avionixx is out of 1200.2 but still have the 800.4 if only i can find the 1200.2 for a reasonable price.. more input please????

how about these??

Soundstream EGA2300 (for the components)

Soundstream EGA1400D (for the subs)

or should i go with

Soundstream VGA600.2

Soundstream VGA1600.2

will soundstream be less strain on the electrical system??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.