Amp Cuts Out At High Volume.

Participant count
  • Participant list

MONSONwarrior
Premium Member

Constantly Rebuilding...
I have a Massive NX2 that I had on a pair of Pioneer comps up until today, then I installed my Eclipse, reset the gains, and now when at the highest volume it'll go into protect and shut off, then come back a couple seconds later. It isn't getting hot, it has 13.8+ input voltage, now the only thing I can think of is that it has a 30a fuse in it and it came with a 40a that I blew being stupid. Could it be the fuse that's causing problems or does anyone else have some ideas?

I switched out my ground and RCA's and I still get this problem I don't know what it could be other than maybe that fuse? but I'd think it'd be pop when too much current was trying to pass through instead of going into protect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Even at a 25 min. these seem to be spot on price wise. Red 1/0 OFC at $3.80 foot - $95 for 25 feet with leftover to beat...
To answer your question, for the sub stage, I am planning to run the IDMAX either 2 12's or one 15. I eventually plan to upgrade to the W7. I've...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...
Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...
Thanks for all the advice. Ultimately, I was able to get them to honor the warranty contract. It took a lot of back and forth and I received...

About this thread

MONSONwarrior

Premium Member
Constantly Rebuilding...
MONSONwarrior
Baton Rouge, LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date