Amp choice.

Participant count
  • Participant list

user1134

So I have been planning on getting a new system for my car and I was looking at this amp to fit these subs.

Kicker Audio 2010 DC12 Dual C12 12" Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure Car Sub Box New | eBay

Hifonics ZRX1200.2 1200W Max 2-Ch Class A/B Zeus Series Car Amp

Since these subs are 4 ohm and rms at 150 each, I figured this would be the perfect amp choice because one channel could run my subs while the other channel ran my door and rear speakers.

(door & rear) Amazon.com: Brand New Alpine Spe-5000 5.25" 2 Way Pair of Car Speakers Totalling 400 Watts Peak / 100 Watts RMS: Automotive

Basically I'm new to the whole car audio life, and I was wondering if I was making any mistakes here before I spent all this money.

you are gong about this all wrong .first off goals and budget ? also what car ?get better subs , a custom box , and run the speakers off the deck power for now , then upgrade to an amp later. you'll also need an amp kit as well

Sorry about the late reply, I've been pretty busy. My goal was to spend about $400-$500. The car is a 96 Jeep Cherokee. I've been looking around and trying to understand what to buy and what is good quality but I guess I was wrong. Any amp and sub suggestions would be a ton of help!

Sorry about the late reply, I've been pretty busy. My goal was to spend about $400-$500. The car is a 96 Jeep Cherokee. I've been looking around and trying to understand what to buy and what is good quality but I guess I was wrong. Any amp and sub suggestions would be a ton of help!
i can help . if you can build your box from a design , then i have a mint rd 1750 and a xfl 15 for 500 shipped . sub is new.amp is used ,but very clean , looks new as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.