Amp Choice

Participant count
  • Participant list

blackwind
10+ year member

NY
OK here's the story.

My friend wants a sub, new speakers. budget 250. Gotta eat and pay the rent too....

Unfortunately he wants to keep his Boss 335 amp:

http://www.bossaudio.com/products/amplifier_riot.htm

Now i would rather see a better sub amp and see that weee boss amp powering some front speakers.

sub choices (all 12's)

Diamond cm3

Kicker Comp Vr

Adire Shiva

Open to other suggestions under 125 shipped.

The big question is, what amp instead of boss audio would you suggest, or just use the boss amp for the sub

Don't start hating on the boss, it's not my choice is it's what i have to work with... *sigh*

thanks for the help!

The ED K is only a little over 125 i think, and would probably be worth it. I think out of all of those subs the Shivas would be the only ones to really do ok with the power from the boss amp. I'm going to assume it won't send more than 200 watts, and that won't budge a CM3, maybe a Comp VR, but in my opinion they **** anyway. For an amp maybe a JBL 600.1 or a profile http://www.thezeb.com .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.