Amp and bandpass sub install '07 VUE

Participant count
  • Participant list

bobl61

I have a 2007 Saturn VUE and want to install an amp and a bandpass sub (2x10" Jensens). I have a Valor VPA1005 Amp. I picked up a 4-ch line ouput converter (factory stereo/no RCA's). I guess the first thing is where to mount the amp? Next I have 4 speakers and the sub box that I would like to connect. What is the best wiring configuration? Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could just mount the amp to the box. That's the easiest way, perhaps not the prettiest though. You might be able to find some room under a seat, maybe, or in the spare tire well. Next the wiring-just go down the line Chan 1-LF, Chan 2-RF, Chan 3-LR, Chan 4-RR, Chan 5-Sub. You may need to split the rear RCA output to get the signal to Sub input. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply nittanylion64. What I'm concerned about is the output to the sub box. Will splitting the output give enough power to the bandpass box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.