Amp Advice

TDALTON

I just recently bought 2 pairs of Pioneer 4 way 6 1/2" speakers to replace the factory speakers in my Jeep. I have thought about amping them but I have never amped just the speakers before. I was wondering if I could get some advice or some knowledge about what to look for amp wise or if it is even really worth the money to do.

any amp that's does 50wrms x4 channels or above should do the trick, the factory headunits usually run around 12rms to each speaker, an aftermarket headunit (pioneer) will be slightly more pwr to each speaker but still only around 20wrms.

in truth, if you are looking for super compact space efficient amplifiers that are affordable, Arc Audio or Massive Audio are the most compact. If you are looking at watts per dollar, that might be a different list of brands/models.

It would help if you specify your budget, spacial requirements and other future plans for your system, (if any).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.