AMM-1 Test of Orion XTR1500.1D

That's what you get for running deck power to your highs..... You do know your RCA's won't clip or distort at 80% volume right?
yeah thats y i don't go above 80% that was my point, i listen loud but not to loud to clip.

Seriously you need to stop thinking your P1000 is the Worlds greatest amplifier. At 1 ohm 1% Thd the XTR put out 800W more, and Dynamically it was well over 600 watts higher... And mind you I didn't do it to clipping dynamically like Sonic did their dyno run, I could probably squeeze out 2400W If I go to clipping...
i never said it was i said the xtr would get more actual power to sub after rise and i was talking about running it at 2 ohm so i mean the 4 ohm load which shows on xtr at 600 u tested 784 mine tested 610 (i didn't see it was into clipping) so i figured mine after rise at 450 or so and was saying xtr would be like 650 after rise (running at 2 ohm) i know it does 800 more @ 1ohm..

Not that long honestly, worst part is just switching up the resistors and gain setting with the DD-1. I've been slacking on doing the "Uncertified" tests because I have to redo the DD-1 steps for -5db gain setting, then redo the resistors again.

I use 2 14.4V Power Supplies with a total of 300amps on deck (If my house power could handle it), so no charging of boost caps or batteries like others do that takes up time.

i never said it was i said the xtr would get more actual power to sub after rise and i was talking about running it at 2 ohm so i mean the 4 ohm load which shows on xtr at 600 u tested 784 mine tested 610 (i didn't see it was into clipping) so i figured mine after rise at 450 or so and was saying xtr would be like 650 after rise (running at 2 ohm) i know it does 800 more @ 1ohm..
Dude you have NO idea what the rise will be without testing, and it changes with frequency. I tested one of my 2 ohm subs in the box and it rose to 2.9, NOT 4, so you can't assume what the ohm load and wattage will be.

Dude you have NO idea what the rise will be without testing, and it changes with frequency. I tested one of my 2 ohm subs in the box and it rose to 2.9, NOT 4, so you can't assume what the ohm load and wattage will be.
right so that would be even more power at 2.9 than 4, like u said no idea really how much rise depends some on box size but looking at 4 ohm power (in my case running at 2 ohm) if i have 600 @ 4 and 900@ 2ohm (point is looking at next ohm load up is closest guess) after rise it could be 500-750 with your amp should be more that's all i said.. also i looked at ppi dyno it says certified thats was @ 13.9v i have 14.6 at idle while bassin'.. the thing that different on my amp than many and the reason i bought it is most 1k amps do 5-600 at 2 ohm lucky if they do rated or maybe 50 more mine tested 938, 200 more than rated so even if amps are different and i have small wire i have basically same voltage while driving they tested it at so should get 800 at least (b4 rise) which is more than most amps do at 2 ohm.. thats y i like my amp and it was under $200, now cab is better deal if i had better wire etc and wanted a giant amp in trunk..

Not that long honestly, worst part is just switching up the resistors and gain setting with the DD-1. I've been slacking on doing the "Uncertified" tests because I have to redo the DD-1 steps for -5db gain setting, then redo the resistors again.
I use 2 14.4V Power Supplies with a total of 300amps on deck (If my house power could handle it), so no charging of boost caps or batteries like others do that takes up time.
Lemme think about it. Something I'd like to do, even be willing to pay you a small amount to have it benched.

No need to pay me at all, I enjoy doing the tests and seeing how the amps stack up..
Awesome. It's pretty dam small.....footprint for it's size. I have pics of it in my buildlog. Even comes with it's own original casing, not some cheap cardboard box. it's hard cardboard...dunno how else to describe it.

nice don't supposed u checked 2 an 4 ohm rating., i look at next highest ohm load to have closer guess to what sub will actually get..
I did the BOOMINGRANDA test today. In fact I plan only calling all 2 ohm tests in the future the boomingrandpa from now on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2ohms Certified mode... 1340Wrms

2 ohms Dynamic (Sort of) - 1388WRms To do that test correctly the amps gains are suppose to be adjusted to -5db, vs 0db on the certified test. I left the gain alone as I didn't feel like getting the DD-1 out AGAIN to reset the gain, and then reset the AMM-1 for the test. SO basically the dynamic test was also done with 1% THD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Only 413Wrms above rated power lol. At 2 ohms this Amp is the 2nd strongest amp I've tested (At this ohm load), The strongest so far has been the IA 20.1 which did 1554W (I Never tested the 2500.1DZ at 2ohm, but at 4ohm that amp did 1484, and would have crushed the IA at 2ohms).

I did the BOOMINGRANDA test today. In fact I plan only calling all 2 ohm tests in the future the boomingrandpa from now on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
2ohms Certified mode... 1340Wrms

2 ohms Dynamic (Sort of) - 1388WRms To do that test correctly the amps gains are suppose to be adjusted to -5db, vs 0db on the certified test. I left the gain alone as I didn't feel like getting the DD-1 out AGAIN to reset the gain, and then reset the AMM-1 for the test. SO basically the dynamic test was also done with 1% THD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Only 413Wrms above rated power lol. At 2 ohms this Amp is the 2nd strongest amp I've tested (At this ohm load), The strongest so far has been the IA 20.1 which did 1554W (I Never tested the 2500.1DZ at 2ohm, but at 4ohm that amp did 1484, and would have crushed the IA at 2ohms).
fine with me.. the 1500 did 1340 at 2ohm wow., thats about what i guessed.. shame i don't have wires for it but i want get better box and see what that sounds like before worrying about more power..

Oh they pull some current that is for **** sure... When I tested the 2500.1Dz it shut down my power supplies, they are rated for 150amps each continuous and burst to 200 amps (So 400 amps total on burst) and the 2500.1Dz pulled every last amp out of those when I got 2940W... I wasn't even at full volume on that one. One off them is still acting a little "Off" since that test... lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.