AMM-1 Test of Orion XTR1500.1D

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
So I finally have a power supply now that can handle the load from the amp full throttle.

Results:

1% THD (Using DD-1) - 1956Wrms at 14.4V

Dynamic (But not at Clipping) - 2197W RMS at 14.4V

If you don't mind my daughter's terrible singing in the background here is a video (Not BigDWiz quality) of the Dynamic run.

So yes the XTR's from Orion are in fact underrated.

Best $249 I've spent on an amp.

So I finally have a power supply now that can handle the load from the amp full throttle.
Results:

If you don't mind my daughter's terrible singing in the background here is a video (Not BigDWiz quality) of the Dynamic run.

nice don't supposed u checked 2 an 4 ohm rating., i look at next highest ohm load to have closer guess to what sub will actually get..

Results:

Too bad you weren't any closer to me. I would be curious to see what my Massive Audio NX3 3 ch amp does.

nice don't supposed u checked 2 an 4 ohm rating., i look at next highest ohm load to have closer guess to what sub will actually get..
I did a 4 ohm test and got 784W at 1%THD, didn't do a dynamic test.

No I didn't do a 2 ohm test.... , For the 1 ohm test I have 2 2ohm 1000W Braking resistors in parallel, to do the 2ohm test I have to separate them and I just didn't feel like doing that at the moment. For the 4 ohm Test I have a single 500W 4 ohm braking resistor.

If I wanted to see what the subs were getting... I'd just hook the subs and amm-1 up at the same time read exactly what they are getting. But I wanted to conduct a test that was similar to other amp Dyno's out there.

I did a 4 ohm test and got 784W at 1%THD, didn't do a dynamic test.
No I didn't do a 2 ohm test.... , For the 1 ohm test I have 2 2ohm 1000W Braking resistors in parallel, to do the 2ohm test I have to separate them and I just didn't feel like doing that at the moment. For the 4 ohm Test I have a single 500W 4 ohm braking resistor.

If I wanted to see what the subs were getting... I'd just hook the subs and amm-1 up at the same time read exactly what they are getting. But I wanted to conduct a test that was similar to other amp Dyno's out there.
yeah i was just looking at them and i figured it would be 750-800 @ 4 ohm at 14.4v it's rated at 12.6 so know it's gonna do more.. shame they all went up so high, that amp would probably end up giving my sub about 150-200 more after rise,, coulda got 300 more if i ran at 1 ohm but concerned about electrical.. sub be here soon, wish could get box started guys so busy..

Just don't ship out the Rubi 2500, I don't think my house can handle more current draw then what the XTR was pulling.
Too late.

Nah I'm kidding. I seen plenty of tests done of my amp, the Rubi 2500.1

My 3 ch amp shouldn't be too bad...MA says 80 amperage draw and does 125x2 4 ohm + 800x1 into 1 ohm

yeah i was just looking at them and i figured it would be 750-800 @ 4 ohm at 14.4v it's rated at 12.6 so know it's gonna do more.. shame they all went up so high, that amp would probably end up giving my sub about 150-200 more after rise,, coulda got 300 more if i ran at 1 ohm but concerned about electrical.. sub be here soon, wish could get box started guys so busy..
Your worried about electrical but a lot of us here crank the volume a lot. That's how we need to worry about electrical. You on the other hand, don't listen to high volume, won't pull much current anyway....you've been told this many times over again and again.

I swear it's like kids on here.....keep telling them the same dam thing over and over again...

Your worried about electrical but a lot of us here crank the volume a lot. That's how we need to worry about electrical. You on the other hand, don't listen to high volume, won't pull much current anyway....you've been told this many times over again and again.
I swear it's like kids on here.....keep telling them the same dam thing over and over again...
i do listen at high volume, just stay below clipping 80% volume..

Seriously you need to stop thinking your P1000 is the Worlds greatest amplifier. At 1 ohm 1% Thd the XTR put out 800W more, and Dynamically it was well over 600 watts higher... And mind you I didn't do it to clipping dynamically like Sonic did their dyno run, I could probably squeeze out 2400W If I go to clipping...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.