American bass XD 8 Review.

Well I just got my first ever pair of 8's today. The American Bass XD 8. First off , I have owned plenty of nice subs and plenty of crap subs. I can usually spot crap a mile away. Upon first inspection I was baffled by the weight of these things. I believe they weigh about 15 pounds each. I didn't have funds to build a box right away so I borrowed a box from another member here. It's .75 cubic feet tuned to 44hz. I have a single sub getting 600 rms from a older zed audio amp. This sucker sounds pretty good and gets hella loud. I honestly would not believe it was a 8" sub in the trunk if I hadn't installed it myself. Right now the sub is still very stiff and needs to be broke in. I will come back to this review once I get the pair installed instead of a single sub. But I will leave on this note. I know there are probably badder 8" subs out there but I have yet to hear one personally. And until I do I will go on record to say these fuckers are little baby bass beasts. With one in the trunk of a '95 Buick Regal I can flex the trunk a little , lift my console lid , and I just noticed on a ride earlier that certain notes were actually flexing my dash causing the head units display to blur a little in my vision. I would highly recommend these subs to anyone who needs bass in a small package and on a small budget. Truly unbelievable output from these things.

I got mine from a member here. But I have seen them go for 75 to 100 each shipped on eBay. Not sure how much they cost straight from American bass though. I will find out and list the price when I follow up the review in a couple weeks. Once the subs are broken in. I also will be making some videos of them in action soon.

I got mine from a member here. But I have seen them go for 75 to 100 each shipped on eBay. Not sure how much they cost straight from American bass though. I will find out and list the price when I follow up the review in a couple weeks. Once the subs are broken in. I also will be making some videos of them in action soon.
x2 on the vids. Those were very impressive!

OH YEAHH

15x1qb4.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

I will do a vid tomorrow. Maybe I can use my moms camera instead of my iPod. I'm going to her house tomorrow. I have to still play around and figure out songs to do in the vid. And set up a few stunts. Like today I had the shipping box in the front seat and it's flaps were moving from the air the little ****** moves.

@ ram , I think I'm gonna do right at 1.5 After displacement and tune between 36 and 40 hertz. This box is tuned to 44 and the sub is totally usable to around 37 hz. I want it a little deeper though. Some songs are still lacking a little bottom end. Mostly pink Floyd and primus. I really like them and this one is already loosening up. I'm gonna play it for another day and then swap in the other one for a few days so I can somewhat evenly break them in. Taylorfade only burped them a few times. Never broke them in. They are extremely stiff right now. Or at least the unused on is. This one is starting to come around though.

Im sure he will make a vid soon... I wanna see what they will do!
I have seen what they do, very, very capable.

And even with just 2 spiders(looks to be 2) it did very well below tuning. (Considering most 8's unload very quickly below tuning.)

I thought they used the same basket as the 1508 but looking at mine and the pic above, they are a tad different.

None the less, they are built VERY well. I cant wait to hear them both.

That pre break in review is nice! Glad you like them. When the Fs goes from 90 to 40 something, I'm sure they'll get loooow.

Man, you should have told me you didn't have a box. I would have thrown one in for free.

That pre break in review is nice! Glad you like them. When the Fs goes from 90 to 40 something, I'm sure they'll get loooow.
Man, you should have told me you didn't have a box. I would have thrown one in for free.
You took a hard enough hit on shipping the subs. I could only imagine the price with a box too. Lol. But I appreciate the gesture. The old lady just got her final paycheck (been waiting 3 weeks for it to show) and it was pretty thick so I may have a proper box sooner than planned. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bassin Buick
Brandon , FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from