Amazing song for mid bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

sjv13
10+ year member

StayStrange
If anyone is interested in an amazing song to show off your mid bass, check out the Tommy Trash Remix of Antidote by Swedish House Mafia (aka Antidote (Tommy Trash Remix)). I couldn't believe the noise (more of a feeling rather) that was coming from my woofers. The mid bass part is right in the very beginning of the song. My comps are on an 80hz hpf and it sounded sweet. It must be the Tommy Trash remix though. The regular version doesn't have the insane mid bass.

If you check it out, post back here what you though of it. I'm curious to see if it is so punchy for everyone.

PS, if anyone has the software to do so, I'd love know what the frequency I'm hearing/feeling really is. Thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You can't consider shm, tommy trash, or knife party dubstep bud. Antidote is a killer song, though, and I know what you mean by the midbass on that. Has to do with the warble before the synth attack.

Honestly, the best gauge for proper midbass in your car is probably going to be rock or jazz, though. There's a lot of tones that go into making a guitar sound real. Listen to Tool's Aenima (Eulogy, specifically) to see what I mean. If you overdo your sub stage, the guitar and bass sound like one instrument. Turn your mids and sub down too much and the crunch falls away.

Honestly, the best gauge for proper midbass in your car is probably going to be rock or jazz, though. There's a lot of tones that go into making a guitar sound real. Listen to Tool's Aenima (Eulogy, specifically) to see what I mean. If you overdo your sub stage, the guitar and bass sound like one instrument. Turn your mids and sub down too much and the crunch falls away.
Is it just me or is rock and particulaly metal the hardest music to make sound right....... My rock eq is extreme opposite from the rest, and still doesnt sound satisfying...

You can't consider shm, tommy trash, or knife party dubstep bud. Antidote is a killer song, though, and I know what you mean by the midbass on that. Has to do with the warble before the synth attack.
Tool is the shiz...

Is it just me or is rock and particulaly metal the hardest music to make sound right....... My rock eq is extreme opposite from the rest, and still doesnt sound satisfying...
You're right and it has a lot to do with how it's recorded. A ton of rock and metal were just horribly mastered/recorded in the studio when they pressed it on cd. If you listen to a lot of those albums on vinyl where the same compression isn't necessary, things really start to clear and open up. RHCP's Californication is a HUGE example of this.

You're right and it has a lot to do with how it's recorded.
There it is. Not to mention the ranges in rock. Everything from 100-2.5 is nearly zeroed out on my eq. I have 8k maxed and 10k zeroed....

Edit: actually 40 and 80 are zeroed out too. Well, one click from 0 anyway. High pass 63 low pass 63

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.