Am I pushing it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mbrown4502

Alright so i have a kicker cx 300.1 rated 150 w rms x1@4 ohms and 300 w rms x1@2 ohms. Just bought the **** amp so i wanted to get more use out of it but I also just purchased two 15" subs rated at 300w rms each svc 4 ohms

So the question is if I wire these two subs into a 2 ohm load would I be pushing the amp too far or possiblyunderpowering my subs

Alright so i have a kicker cx 300.1 rated 150 w rms x1@4 ohms and 300 w rms x1@2 ohms. Just bought the **** amp so i wanted to get more use out of it but I also just purchased two 15" subs rated at 300w rms each svc 4 ohms
So the question is if I wire these two subs into a 2 ohm load would I be pushing the amp too far or possiblyunderpowering my subs
it will be fine as you have to set your gain right. ya the subs will be under power to a point but it will not hurt them at all.

so go ahead .

what subs ?

Yea I know for sure i can't run them 300 each lmao, amp would be done subs would probably be done too. tThats why im going to wire them at a 2 ohm load, get some more time out of the amp and find a new one. Thanks for the help though.

Yea I know for sure i can't run them 300 each lmao, amp would be done subs would probably be done too. tThats why im going to wire them at a 2 ohm load, get some more time out of the amp and find a new one. Thanks for the help though.
You can run more than RMS to anything. If you know what you are doing.

You can run more than RMS to anything. If you know what you are doing.
Yes yes yes yes yes, yes

why do people think RMS is a set in stone number? adjust your crossovers properly and make sure the driver is happy and you can usuaully give a speaker more than it's rated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mbrown4502

mbrown4502
baltimore
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
wew lad