Ok, here's what is in my system right now:

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P940MP $700

Front Speakers: Stock

Rear Speakers: Stock

Amp: Kenwood 729S [600w peak, 300 RMS] $200

Sub: 1 JL Audio 10W3 10" + JL Audio box $250

Monster Cable wiring $150

Total Spent: $1300 [approx.]

I have tinnitus, which is a constant ringing of the ears, and it makes my ears VERY sensitive to loud bass and loud treble. As of right now, I have my system tuned so that it creates some thump from the sub without too much bass coming out, and my interior speakers are all just set to normal volumes.

A friend of mine called me crazy because I have hearing problems and I still spent that much on my car stereo...

what do you all think?

i have a problem w/ my hearing...i am about half deaf in my left ear...but i still spend alot on car audio....your not crazy...if it sounds good to you then more power to u..

when i first put my system in, my ears would hurt when i bumped my subs. then when i would get out, they would ring. after i blow my 1800watt amp up for the first and only time, the constant ringing eventualy went away. but when i would sit in my frinds car, with a 300rms JBL amp it would hurt my ears. it normaly, befor i got my system, wouldent do n e thing to my ears. i think my system somehow mad my ears more sensitive to lower bass. my ears r fine now cuz i havent instald my system back in yet.

HAS THAT HAPPEND to n e one else?????????? (your big system makes little systems hurt ya ears)????

It all depends on the clairity. I have heard, I'm not sure if I totally believe though, that distorted noise hurts the ear more than loud noise. I believe it depends on the quality of the equipment and the installation.... on how it will effect you ears.

(it sounds good....who knows, i might be full of crap!)

fawk all people that declare you nuts while you think your needs are forfilled couz thats really the only think that matters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Besides that if they call you crazy then tell your friends i'm creating a car for some dewd which has a audio system that costed a total of 2300 bucks which is in a car thats 14 years old, looks like **** and probally takes a tennisballthrow to break into it

thats nuts, for the rest:

Your car makes noice ? Add another amp

Your hearing is not right ? Add two amps !

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah. ive had that problem with my ears hurting too. ive got 3 jl 12w3's in my sngl cab truck, so i get some serious spl, and when the bass hits, my right ear hurts like hell. its weird though, because it only does this when the song has higher frequencies of bass. when it is real low, knock ya down bass, it doesnt hurt.

Your not supposed to have a nice stereo because you have hearing problems? So would your friends make fun of a blind man for having a beautiful woman?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I used to have two 10" Kicker VR's with about 300w rms going into them that hurt my right ear. Now I have two 10" L7's with 1,000w going into them, and I'm fine. I know that one difference in smaller systems is the subs go higher in terms of frequencies. These subs don't go any higher than 100Hz, maybe that has something to do with it. Just to throw it out there.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

DraKhen99

10+ year member
DraKhen99
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views