• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Ok im not super experienced but i know what I'm lookin for. I value SQ over humongousness but the alumapro's seem to offer both. Im lookin to spend 400 on an amp and one sub. What amp would be best to power a single sub (or 2 if i somehow earn money)? What sub and amp combination would work out the best? I just got a new CDC-MP32 head unit(even though i was advised against it) but otherwise the stereo is just factory stuff. I know I should probably replace the regular speakers but i have my priorities.

BTW the best prices i could find on Alumapro's were at http://www.soundhabit.com/Store/dir.cfm?CategoryID=268

$229 for alchemy 12 dvc

i think i might go with one of those and a $150 or so amp(preferably at the same store)

gimme some suggestions

would I be better off getting a perfect 12.1 than a alchemy 12 dvc sound-wise?

how would I wire the alumapro's (they are 6 ohms apiece) Can many amps run at 6 or 3 ohms?

Your amp should be able to handle 3 ohm load.. Just make sure you keep your gains low for a while to see how the amp will react if you aren't sure if it can handle it.. Then after a couple weeks set the gains correctly.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.