alts and batts

Participant count
  • Participant list

blabo219
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so ive been reading up and wondering if i really even need to add a second battery, even when i was only running about 1200 watts i still turn on my car to listen to music.

Im getting a 220 amp alt and doing the big 3 so if im not really listening to it with the car off is a second battery really neccesary?

i said WHEN i was running 1200 rms.. im getting 4 sa-12s and an ap30001d
so around 3100 rms
You didn't say what you where planning on running so how was I to assume? You have to say that to begin with...

Fawn double post

You didn't say what you where planning on running so how was I to assume? You have to say that to begin with...
thought there was a general answer..

Is the second batt going to do anything than store power for when the car is off?

Seeing as how batterys only store power and the H/O alt should have enough for everything do i really need it?

For 3K

Get a nice front battery, also the biggest back one you can get too as long as you get that HO alternator. Also if both batteries are run parallel than they act as one big battery. However if you do listen to it for long periods of time than a isolated may be needed. But 99% of daily drivers/comp's don't use them because I only listen to it when I drive. Also H/O is needed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blabo219

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
blabo219
Battle Creek, Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date