• Thread starter buffaloboybeatsa
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 927
    Participant count
  • Participant list
B

buffaloboybeatsa

a few things, im currently running to amps, one is a rockfirdbd1000.1 class d mono amp,and the other is a 4 ch jbl amp for my 5/7's and i have a 1 fared cap runing to my rockford amp,when ever i turn my radio up hight like a min later the jbla amp cuts and all that plays is the rockford,theres nothing wrong with my jbl as far as intstallion goes ,do i need a higher amp

alternator, cuz the 1 i have now is a stock{ford} or should i get a fared cap for the jbl?,,,,,,i do wana upgrade my alternator,but no places around here where i live dont carry high amp alternators can i buy them of line?if so where and how much of a higher ampre should i go with the alternator?

your answers and coments and suggestions are welcome!!!

go to summit ,jegs, wrenchhead.com all should have what your looking for. look for mean green( i think that's the name) altenators. they have them in the 200 amp range. they are pricey. also try a local starter altenator shop. they should be able to rewind one for higher ampreage for ya. that should be cheaper.

I been to one. I have a 90 amp alt and I need an upgrade. The guy gave me an estimate of $1 an amp. so if he winds it up to 160 he says it'll be around $160. I don't know anything about altenator rewinding but don't he just add to the 90 I got so that will be more like $70 bucks???????

Also If I were to buy a new one and have it rewound, would that be better than having the old one rewound?????

how hard would it be to rewind it yourself?

open it up, add as much coil in there as you can fit, and put it back together. isn't this the basic procedure? i'd look into to it a little more before i tried it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.