• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 881
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

ok heres the deal,im currentlly runing a cheap ass 900wt interfire amp to my punch hx2s it slams pretty well for only being like 200-250rms,n e ways i upgraded my stock battery,to a pretty good die hard i thinks its the best 1? well i ordered a 1000.1 mono rockford amp from off line and my lights dim like hell with the interfire amp and also i have a 1farad cap with it,i know by addin a cap it is only a bandaid to the issue but i was wondering if any1 out there knows where i can get a good alternator off line? no places around here carry high amp alternators only stock, and is the optima yellow top battery only good for and accessary battery and u shouldnt use it as a main battery?

OR should i buy a 2nd battary and wire it up somehow to the stock alternator and die hard i got?? i have no clue what i should do people around here dont know a whole lot so i wana come on here and get some advice.thankz

Adding the batteries is going to have the same effect as adding a cap. You need something to charge it first! As for hi cap alternator availability in your area- you may have to look arround a little. One place you may look into is an electric motor assembly shop- they can rewind your alternator for increased output as opposed to purchasing a new one. The best place to begin searching is your local yellow pages.

It would also be benneficial to ask arround a bit at some local Parts stores and dealerships- they tend to have a dood number of resources available to them that may assist you.

take it easy,

-zane

I have to agree with zane.

Also here is a test to see how much you will benefit from a H.O. alt. Check out your friends or families cars to find the largest alt you can find. Connect your car and theirs with a set of jumper cables. Don't start your car. Just turn the headlights on and crank the system. How bad are your headlights dimming now ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.