alternators and capacitators

You can try mralternator.com for the alt.. there is something about Ohio Generators around here too.. don't have the link (and too lazy to find it.. you can search on it if you like)..

Not sure about caps.. I'd suggest against wasting the money on one though..

if you are asking about caps with 2 of those amps, you are WAY off on the power you need. You will need a 200a alternator and the biggest battery up front you can fit.

that is serious draw if them amps are at 1 or 2 ohm load.

i heard that the capacitators are over rated and not really needed if you want pure power to your subs. Is this true? i dont really wanna waste my money on something that is not really needed for my set-up.

Originally posted by 4jb i heard that the capacitators are over rated and not really needed if you want pure power to your subs. Is this true? i dont really wanna waste my money on something that is not really needed for my set-up.
if you get an alternator that cranks out 220a or more, and a marine storage battery, i don't think you'd need a cap...and yes, IMO a cap is a waste of money because it doesn't actually help anything, it might just stop your headlights from dimming but your electrical system is still short on supplying the power

why not get a secondary battery with the upgraded alternator? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.