alternator

Yeah, I would definitely get a new alternator, and maybe even a capacitor. If the lights are dimming get a new alternator or a capacitor. The cap will help the dimming lights, but if you are running below 12v you will need to replace the alternator so that you have enough juice to power everything.

I agree the new alt is your best first step. I was running a fosgate 500watt and soundstream 300 watt with HO alt, and it took care of my headlight dimming and voltage drops. Next best step is a 1-2farad cap, if the alt doesnt work by itself. Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.