alt wine you think?

Participant count
  • Participant list

req
5,000+ posts

am a mod.
Syracuse, NY
I dont know the signs of this, and ive read alot of posts regarding 'whining noise' but here we go;

i got a crappy pyle ~50w 4ch amp.. whatever- dosnt matter (has front and rear inputs thats why i use it)

i just got my CDTs in the mail (thanks TPLAYA07!!!) and when the engine is off, everything sounds FANTASTIC!

when the engine comes on, "BWIIIEEEEIIIIIIWIWIIWIWIIWEEEE POP WWWIIIIIEEEEEEE" my car starts yelling thru my comps.

my sig states all my stuff... my gallery shows my wiring (big 3);

this is the "alt noise?" its related to the rpm, so i figure it is. my problem is i just re-grounded my HU and it didnt make a difference (ill try a new spot tonite).

any ideas?

i got a stock 80amp alt and a new energizer battery (not sure of capacity tho - gotten before i got into this stuff, and the alt\batt is only like a year old.)

Well sometimes the amp is the culprit. Bad rca connections and it will pick up that whinning noise. Try removing the amp and rune the speaker off the HU. If it works you know what it is.

the thing is, everything sounds amazing and perfect when the engine is off.

so im kinda confused. the rcas are brand new from knukonceptz and the amp worked perfectly before with some subs (weak tho)

do you think im drawing too many amps from the alternator?

try a common ground pt. for your amps. then start with the gains low and make sure your ac is on when you adjust it so you can really hear the wine and tune it out

well. my AC dosnt work. and im going to do the common HU ground as soon as possible (i really hope thats the problem)

right now im running the rear speakers off the HU, and the fronts are just sitting there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

i really want them to work. as i said, i only have an 80 amp alternator, and my sub amp is a directed 1100d @ 2ohms (800ish watts) plus the comp amp that is 45w~75w(not sure really) x4 channels. i would imagine the DEI amp is taking at least 20~40 amps, the car is taking at least the same with the lights on and another 10~20 from the comp amp right?

do you think i need a new alternator? if so, point me in the right direction to getting one for a 1994 chevy 4cyl 2.0L automatic cavalier with AC (not working =P) 5 wheels on the alt belt ... yea. i tried HOalternators.com or whatever, but i never got a respond for a quote.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.