Alt Whine, And why you should read stuff

Participant count
  • Participant list

opfreak
10+ year member

long story short, got some new pioneer ts-d720 speakers because I hated my canadance. Sure I never had them on an amp, But I hated them anways.

This time got a old sony amp from a member xm4045, 4 channel, but upon reading all the stories here, I just bridged it.

Anyways after hours of snaking speaker wire, (grrr). I finally hooked everything up. and turned it on (just to accseroy on). and it all works.

Then I turn my car on, OMG, I can hear the engine rev up, and then down when it shifts, If I had a stick, this might be usefull.

Anyways, I read some faq's, I read some crutchfield install guides,

1st step, pulled the rca's, noise went away, grrr, so I take apart the dash, pull out the head unit, and per crutchfields idea, grounded the hu to the amp ground, and noise went away.

so I ran a long ground from the hu to the amp, and its quite now. Not the 'best' solution, but since the head unit is now just running rear fill, its not doing as much. It should be ok.

And the whine is gone.

moral of the story, read the faq'd, and guides, then ask for help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.