///Alpine Vs. Kenwood

Tribal_Sounds
10+ year member

OC, Cali
Hi hows it going everyone. I installed a crappy head deck in my car cause it came in a package deal which was a flip down HU tape player and a 6 disc changer ( wanting to keep the old school tape player). Anyhow it has wayyyy to much engine noise and distortion, and I know for a fact that it's the cheap stereo because the stock didn't do that. So after this much blah blah I have narrowed down to getting a new one between the Alpine CDM-9821 and the Kenwood KDC-325. I like the Kenwood cause it's flip down and comes w/ a remote. However, the Alpine has a bass engine and subwoofer control built in which I don't know much about. Does the bass engine matter, and can someone tell me what its function? Plus some feedback of sound quality and relibilty of both would be nice.

Thank You

bass engine allows you to adjust the center frequency of your bass and your bass level. Subwoofer control means that there is a dedicated RCA output and adjustment function for your subwoofer.

Basically, with bass engine you can make the bass fat or tight, and adjust if you want it to focus on higher bass notes or low ones.

If you go with Alpine you will not be disapointed with sound quality, you will be very impressed. An alpine headunit can make even stock speakers sound great.

If the only reasons you want the kenwood are flip and remote, then do yourself a favour and get the alpine.

If you go with the alpine go with a higher modle. I just tested on in my car a few weeks ago. Thing sounded so bad, even with the features on it the bbe a sub control there wasnt much to tune in to get it to sound good. I hated it. I have used better ones and cant say anything bad about them really. I have a kenwood Excelon x711. And that deck is 10x better than the alpine I just tested out for my brother. You get what you pay for.

MX actually makes the radio sound alot better (when i actually listen to the radio). I have it set to the second level out of the three.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.