alpine v12 mrv-100m

shaneb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
on the manual it says:

Power Output: RMS Continuous Power (at 12.0V, 20 Hz to 200 Hz)

Mono into 4 ohms ................................................................................................................. 100W (0.08% THD)

Mono into 2 ohms ................................................................................................................... 150W (0.3% THD)

Power Output: RMS Continuous Power (at 14.4V, 20 Hz to 200 Hz)

Mono into 4 ohms ................................................................................................................. 150W (0.08% THD)

Mono into 2 ohms ................................................................................................................... 200W (0.3% THD)

now further in the manual where there are diagrams and such it does not specify on how to wire for these different loads, i am pushing 2 kicker comps off this.

are amps "smart" in thesense they use the best option per sub they are connected to or is it a wiring issue to get different output?

how would i wire my subs (they are 150 rms @ 4ohm) at the 150 rms @ 2 ohms?

im confused

okay, so bridged parallel, would my car with stock battery/alternator be running it at 14v or 12v?

because the speakers are rated at 150rms at 4 or 8 ohm, would having it 200rms at 2 ohms from the amp damage my speaker?

okay, so bridged parallel, would my car with stock battery/alternator be running it at 14v or 12v?because the speakers are rated at 150rms at 4 or 8 ohm, would having it 200rms at 2 ohms from the amp damage my speaker?
I don't even know what to say.....YOU CAN"T CHANGE THE IMPEDANCE!

Your subs are single voice coil subs each at 4 ohms. Either get a new amp or run them into one channel together in parallel...that gives you a 2 Ohm load into the amp.

Your only options are:

Both @ 2 Ohms

Both @ 8 Ohms

One @ 4 Ohms

There is no changing it.

well at least some are still politely willing to help the car audio interest grow....

i understand i can't change the impedance i was simply asking if 200watts would damage a sub rated at 150 watts...saying that they are "150 @ 4 ohms" is just to keep info there, i think its nice when there is more then enough specifications when asking a question...

so the questions still stand, your answer is a statement i wasn't trying to argue...

1. is it likely a honda prelude is running its battery at 14.4 volts and if it is, will the 200watts damage my subwoofers...

if these questions are too "simple" or "rookie" or "newb" for you to waste your time on, please, i don't want to waste your time, go to another topic and help them. (this is not referring to you gkassidy) I have spent enough time on other forums to know people think that they are too good to help but not too good to waste their time telling people...

plus i am getting a new amp, and subs, in 4 days, thank you for that suggestion though, very thoughtful

well at least some are still politely willing to help the car audio interest grow....i understand i can't change the impedance i was simply asking if 200watts would damage a sub rated at 150 watts...saying that they are "150 @ 4 ohms" is just to keep info there, i think its nice when there is more then enough specifications when asking a question...

so the questions still stand, your answer is a statement i wasn't trying to argue...

1. is it likely a honda prelude is running its battery at 14.4 volts and if it is, will the 200watts damage my subwoofers...

if these questions are too "simple" or "rookie" or "newb" for you to waste your time on, please, i don't want to waste your time, go to another topic and help them. (this is not referring to you gkassidy) I have spent enough time on other forums to know people think that they are too good to help but not too good to waste their time telling people...

plus i am getting a new amp, and subs, in 4 days, thank you for that suggestion though, very thoughtful
Check my other posts and you will see I am still trying to politely help car audio grow. Thank you for posting the additional information about the amp (RMS rating etc....I guess I just didn't understand the question.)

With the car off and your battery being in good condition you will be at 12.6 Volts (I don't recommend anyone running their system for longer then 10 minutes with the car off on the stock setup)

With the car on you will be at 13.3-14.4 (again as long as everything is working OK)

With two Kicker comps I think you are under powering them so yes they will be Ok but under powering can lead to blowing the subs too. But, you will be fine, run them in parallel and enjoy until you get your new setup...sorry for the confusion.

sounds good, and serious props for actually apologizing, it's good to see that your not the typical douche bag. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ya know sometimes people just get like ridiculous on these things...

anyway, yea ill run em at 200watts, yea ive been runnin them at 100 i guess and i understand all that underpower can equal motor damage stuff...plus this way i can blame you if i blow em from overpower //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and for the 1k video, um...i shoiuld after i get the memphis subs in, but at the same time i want a wii so im sellin the memphis 12s and keepin the kickers or vise versa...

on the manual it says:

Power Output: RMS Continuous Power (at 12.0V, 20 Hz to 200 Hz)

Mono into 4 ohms ................................................................................................................. 100W (0.08% THD)

Mono into 2 ohms ................................................................................................................... 150W (0.3% THD)

Power Output: RMS Continuous Power (at 14.4V, 20 Hz to 200 Hz)

Mono into 4 ohms ................................................................................................................. 150W (0.08% THD)

Mono into 2 ohms ................................................................................................................... 200W (0.3% THD)

now further in the manual where there are diagrams and such it does not specify on how to wire for these different loads, i am pushing 2 kicker comps off this.

are amps "smart" in thesense they use the best option per sub they are connected to or is it a wiring issue to get different output?

how would i wire my subs (they are 150 rms @ 4ohm) at the 150 rms @ 2 ohms?

im confused
Yes it is how you wire your speakers. Dual voice coil or single? Are they run in series or parallele? You decide the resistance when you wire your speakers. Check Crutchfield for willing diagrams and wizard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...