alpine type r model

BigWebb

MI
Hello, I got a pair of alpine type r 10 but I don't know if they are 2or 4 ohms. I can't find any model numbers on the subs. Just a 2 on the magnet. I got the mrp 500 to go with it. I just don't want to ruin anything. The subs are sliver with the large type r logo in the middle.

I'm going to guess they are 4 ohm because of how they were wired (one sub ++, --) other (+-,+-). What's a dmm?
Mistake/FAIL=Guessing..Go buy a $20 DMM,and Read upon how to test your Coils,so you Dont Fry anything.That aqmp isnt enough power for a pair of those subs.It will move them/maybe,but be careful not to get into the Clipping stage

That amp is only 2 ohm stable..so a Pair @ DVC2 ohm will give you 2 ohm,wired properly..One dvc 4 ohm =2 ohm,and 2=4 ohm wired properly.Wired 1/2,or 1 ohm will cook that amp,and possibly your sub/subs.Crutchfield site has a wiring diagram you can use,after you find out your coil configuration with the Dmm..Im banking on DVC4 ohm subs,to wire to a 4 ohm load,but Check them out first to be certain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.