Alpine type R anyone herd it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
The alpine 12" type R has anyone herd it or no anything Zane mentioned it once and now I am thinking really hard about it! I will have 2 of them in a firebird facing backwards sealed and running off a sony xplod 760 or 800 watt amp or a visonik 800 watt amp also opinions on those too thanks!

The alpine R's are very good subs but stay away from the sony amps, they are unreliable peices of garbage, you would be better off with the visonic amp.

COol i like the subs alot and i just want a cheaper 800 watt amp that will go with red cuz everything in my car is red

Eahh thats the worse reason int he world to settle with sony or visonx amps. THe older mobel ES amps are really not bad (they dont cool well though)

Type R's are very nice. I like them a lot, the zeb has them for a pretty good price.

Ive heard a few various storys on drop out

But nothign really to bad. OVer all i like them. THey are clean and they get pr etty loud

Enjoy

Dont get an amp because its red...thats blatenly homoerotic, get a good amp and paint it or something

Ya I really think I could be happy with type R's!

But do you know any 800 watt amps I can buy to run 2 of them for about 125 off of ebay!

Oh ya how much difference is the DVC dual 4 ohm and the 4 ohm SVC I will buy the DVC but they are harder to come buy but I just thought I would ask.

Firstly $125.00 will not get you a quality 800 watt amp. However, for a little more you could look into a few of these amps- they should power a pair of Type R's quite well:

Phoeinx Gold XS2500

Harrison Labs AE800.2

Rockford Fosgate bd500.1

JL Audio 500/1

Cadence A5HC

Just a start--->

Also, the only real advantage of having DVC speakers is system versatility. The DVC's would give you several more wiring options for different impedence loads to the amplifier. If you are looking to basically hook them up to a halfway decent amp and let them go- the SVC's should suffice well. All depends on how egar you are in your system expansion goals.

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.