Alpine Type R 15" OR Hx2 15"

I believe the Hx2 will hit harder in the right enclosure, the Alpine will have better SQ. But, why go with a 15 if you want SQ? 15's are terrible for SQ, if SQ is what you want go with a 10" or 12".

Originally posted by Phatillusion I believe the Hx2 will hit harder in the right enclosure, the Alpine will have better SQ. But, why go with a 15 if you want SQ? 15's are terrible for SQ, if SQ is what you want go with a 10" or 12".
strongly disagree here, very very much so. as with any woofer you set it up wrong it sounds bad. i always use a big woofer set it up for extention. every system i have done and competed with i always got higher than average sub bass scores on sound quality. many a world champ has used larger drivers example eric stevens 15" earl wills 18", richard clark 15" mark elderidge 15" and i believe harry kimura (spell check) also used 15's ....... these were sq cars. now i havent heard a small woofer with a really low extention capabilities actually sound like these cars, again doing your homework will give you better results also exicution of your homework helps a great deal here to.

I agree, it doesn't matter what size the sub, if it is put in the wrong environment(enclosure, etc.) it will not perform right. Go with the Alpine Type R's, and it doesnt matter what size, it depends on what enclosure and environment you give it.

and the sound you want to reproduce.... a rule i sorta follow is sub bass is a part of a "meal" like alle carte (whole sound of your system is the whole dinner) smaller driver people usually depend more on their subs i dont. i want my bass to make you shake a little but is pretty mellow they just go deep. my systems with no sub sound better than most peoples cars with subs off. my subs play "sub bass" and sub bass only. with woofers off i usually just lack the first 2 bands in an rta and thats it.

Ya know a good 15 with decent sq is a JL 15w6 I was very impressed, one of my friends has 2 in a 90 honda civic hatchback with a 500/1 running both of them, they could take more but they do sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.