Alpine Type R 10's way to loud.

tpalik3360

forgive be its been a while since I have built a system. I got a question. Just had a custom ported box made for two alpine type r 10s. they are dvc 4 ohms and wires to 1 ohm. I am using an old school cadence A7 amp. The gain isnt even half way. Its about 3/4 and the bass boost on this amp goes up to 18. Its about on 5 right not. I know its been a long time since I have had a system, but with my gain set not even half was and everything on my deck is on zero, do alpine type r's really this loud. I mean you can feel it in your chest and in your head. Reason I ask is because if they really can produce this much bass, I would like to set the gain higher on the amp in order to get more out of the type R's. I just dont want to blow the things with this amp. If some dont know, this amp can pump some power when wired at 1 ohm.

Gain is not volume. Boost is tricky as it leads to clipping. I would turn that all the way down. Loud is subjective so yes they are that loud. How loud that is we don't know. I would use the dmm method to set your gains for 1300-1400 out of the a7. Many tutorials on youtube on how to do it.

forgive be its been a while since I have built a system. I got a question. Just had a custom ported box made for two alpine type r 10s. they are dvc 4 ohms and wires to 1 ohm. I am using an old school cadence A7 amp. The gain isnt even half way. Its about 3/4 and the bass boost on this amp goes up to 18. Its about on 5 right not. I know its been a long time since I have had a system, but with my gain set not even half was and everything on my deck is on zero, do alpine type r's really this loud. I mean you can feel it in your chest and in your head. Reason I ask is because if they really can produce this much bass, I would like to set the gain higher on the amp in order to get more out of the type R's. I just dont want to blow the things with this amp. If some dont know, this amp can pump some power when wired at 1 ohm.
might want to check what you've typed.

You are already past the max amount of power your amp puts out. Turn off the bass boost garbage asap if you any respect for yourself and your system.

This picture explains it properly. Gain is to match the pre-out voltage of the head unit plain and simple. Its not a volume knob.

done.jpg

To keep it safe, test the sub and amp after a few minutes of playing to see if either get hot or smelly. If they get hot, turn stuff down. If they are cold, you can crank it up. If you can play for 10 full minutes and both only get slightly warm then you are at a good spot.

Thanks for all the feed back. problem fixed. I redone everything and didnt use the bass boost. Sounds great. Thanks for the help. Now just got to work on the rattles through out the car.

might want to check what you've typed.
You are already past the max amount of power your amp puts out. Turn off the bass boost garbage asap if you any respect for yourself and your system.

This picture explains it properly. Gain is to match the pre-out voltage of the head unit plain and simple. Its not a volume knob.

done.jpg

To keep it safe, test the sub and amp after a few minutes of playing to see if either get hot or smelly. If they get hot, turn stuff down. If they are cold, you can crank it up. If you can play for 10 full minutes and both only get slightly warm then you are at a good spot.
Great pic unless his amp only goes to 5v lol

everyone sends their "to loud" subs to me, (I'm old and worked at shop for yrs so hard of hearing anyway) just send them to nc attn. boomingrandpa ill get them!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.