Alpine SPR-60C vs Hertz ESK 165

My max is $500 for 2 pairs, front and back. I would be willing to spend more on the fronts since they are what I will be hearing for the most part. I have a local Authorized Hertz dealer I've known for a while that will do $225 a pair for the Hertz. I just did not know if they are far superior for the $100 difference. All the reviews I have heard were how natural sounding they are. I am all about clarity and natural sound without breaking the bank. I cross over my 2x10 subs at 80 for punch, not rumble. I just can't find the Alpines to do a side by side with one of my CD/MP3's etc.... I had JL and Mmats with 2x10 solo barics in my camaro and loved them. This is an Astro van, so it's a totally different environment. I am leaning towards the Hertz in the front, maybe the Alpines in the back since the seats will block 80% of the sound anyway due to position. Like I said, they will be running off a PPI PCX 480, so it's a decent amp. I don't plan on going into competition...LOL

Thanks, and keep the responses coming..

Steve

Should I be concerned at the power rating of the Pioneer TS-D1720C's?????? Are they going to take a beating and distort/blow?

This is for the rear I would consider....

Should I be concerned at the power rating of the Pioneer TS-D1720C's?????? Are they going to take a beating and distort/blow?This is for the rear I would consider....
One of the members on here has 200 watts to them and has never had an issue. I have only 90 to mine since i have the power pack amping them and they are extremely loud to me as is so i cant even imagine 200 to them.

One of the members on here has 200 watts to them and has never had an issue. I have only 90 to mine since i have the power pack amping them and they are extremely loud to me as is so i cant even imagine 200 to them.
Loud in a good or bad way?

If you can afford them, take a look at JBL MS-62C speakers. They have been getting very good reviews.

If you can afford them, take a look at JBL MS-62C speakers. They have been getting very good reviews.
They don't fit my front doors due to the magnet size. They were on my watch list. I spoke to several places including Crutchfield and JBL, both agreed that I would have to modify my door panels to get them to fit. I did listen to a few sets of the JBL's on a sound board and the Hertz sounded better for my style of music. I do like old school JBL, but they seem to have changed. 2 dealerships said that JBL is not what they use to be. A bit harsh on the top end which I'm sure I could attenuate. The Hertz sounded very flat, which is what I want. They are about the same price, so that's not an issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.