Alpine SPR 17S true or false - review?

^^^^^ But then the Hu clipping from internal analyzation won't be a factor, at all.

Bear in mind several things:

1.) I'm assuming your doors are NOT sealed and NOT deadened, so midbass is considerably altered by this. Store listening is fine, but those are sealed MDF boxes they are in, not open air applications like most automotive setups are.

2.) I hope you are not sending them 150RMS at your desired max volume, because you will annihilate them at this rate. They are rated what, 75 RMS?

3.) The Type-S speakers are great and efficient, and IMO best used for lightly amped or stock replacement with an aftermarket HU setup. They are not a high end speaker, so expect them to lose their advantages when you reach their rated RMS power. Same thing happened when I amped my Fiance's Pioneer TS-A's to 35 RMS, once you get close to the top, they start suffering from limitations.

4.) If you use paper specs, bear in mind that the more power you send to a speaker, the less efficiently it plays the lows from excursion limitations. basically, the speaker can play 30 Hz at 10 RMS, but at 30 RMS it struggles to perform the same task, even within it's rated RMS range.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT: I see you have the newer version of my Type-R's. I am running 85 RMS to my Type-R's and they get stupid loud on no deadening or sealing. Your speakers are rated at the same response as mine, but higher RMS (110). I can tell you that when my speakers reach higher volumes, they suffer midbass loss, but the tweeters are super bright and clear, almost harsh even with -3db setting. I have mine crossovered at 80Hz with problems distorting only at the top volumes on complex songs, and then all I do is set it to 100Hz since my Xenon sub is crossovered at 100Hz as well, so no loss of balance.

Door are deadend,from the inside and outside.

Speakers are rated at 110 rms,and yes i am giving them the full 150.

My problem isnt the bass,it does have bass,but the music is just not dynamic,it doesnt have details,no sound quality..

As far as i heard until those older R types are far more better than this.. They have aluminiup ''thingy'' on the midbass-es,and this newer ones have the same material as the cone..

I dont want my components to give out that much bass,i set the hpf at 80-100,the sub will do that,i want my midbasses to produce MUSIC,and not some muddy tones..

A friend of mine is sending me Phase Linear Audiophile midbass-es,to check out how they sound. He says they are the best hes ever heard,so i am gonna give it a go,why not..

As for the R type tweets-they are kind of harsh,but that is just how i like them,i think they are the stronger link,but i am still not that much sure having in mind that the mids arent giving me the ''MUSIC STORY'' i wanted.. Neither the loudness,i bassicly have to crank it on the verge of clipping and it still doesnt get near as loud as i thought having in minds that its eating up 150 rms (and that the amp has almost no power lossege,when i measured it with the music off it was 14.23V,and when i cranked it up to the max it was 14,21V)

the type rs are the best component speakers i heard till now, set ur gains rite and ull be fine and yes the highs are very SHARP.

EDIT: ur talking about the type s, sorry bro miss read

spR .. R TYPES! Also i forgot to make an update.

Been playing them for a while,and they sound much better now,also turned the tweetero to 0db (before it was -3db) and it sound much much better.

And finnaly,yesterday i tried my MB Quart RAA 2400 amp,that is rated 2x200 rms @4ohma on them. And they were taking the power realy fine,and they sounded awesome.

I just dont know what will 200 rms do to their ''life long'' or whats it called..

As i said they are handling that power really really NICE,so mechanical noises,and everything sound more clear,better,louder..

Type R comps do that. I have the 5 1/4 version, without any deadening done in the doors, in very crappy MDF rings. At first, they sounded awful. Then I upgraded to a rockford p400-4 bridged, 200rms to each speaker and they began to shine. They get loud, response is quick and detailed.

Hope that you like them better with more wattage, and yes they will take it.

Thanks man! I will power them with the MB //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Much better sound!

By my opinion nothing less than 200 rms per side for this comps is not enough!

With 200 rms everything sounds much better,even the midrange.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.