Alpine speakers mix and match?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kwp30

Texas
I have two Alpine type E 12" subs (not hooked up)...ive heard that they are good for personal sound but don't really turn any heads. I'm not trying to get people to hear me coming from 5 blocks away but I'd like some deep powerful bass to go in my system so my question is...is there a way to get that out of my two type E subs or can I use 1 type E and 1 type S (I hear these are great for deep bass) in the same setup (box and amp wise)?

Run the two Type E subs in a ported enclosure at approx 32-35 htz and find a decent 600-1k rms amp.Im assuming these are SVC 4 ohm subs? And are like 250 rms ea? id look at the PPI 1000.1 Phantom to put on them and run at 2 ohms mono.Be a great match with some power on tap and later if you want to run at 1 ohm you have the amp to do that as well.get a decent enclosure built and tuned properly.The enclosure is the Key to making or breaking the subs performance. You can just throw a nice sub in a badly tuned enclosure and a cheap sub in a properly tuned enclosure and the tuned enclosure and cheaper sub will generally sound and perform so much better,.Id run those subs and utilize them as you have them.. but do not mix and match two different subs in an enclosure.keep them the same if running a pair or more.

Tuned to approx 32-35 htz in approx 2.0-2.4 cu ft should yield some benefits to get some nice clean bass out of those subs.Others may give other opinions and recommendations.This is what I would do with those two Type E subs.Use them and Run them to theyre potential.

EBP on for SWE-1242's is in the mid 40s meaning they favor sealed boxes. Alpine recommends .8-1.7cf for sealed and there is no recommendation for a ported box. That being said, you will need a large and low tuned ported box like no less than 4cf to 5.5cf tuned below 33hz to get a decent F3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.