Alpine, Please Read....

b1utigg3r2
10+ year member

I have an Alpine CDA-7893, and it has capabilities to read a ID3v1 Tag if it's a burned CDR with mp3s. Does anyone know that correct way to burn a cd, so that the title does show up on the head unit. I'm using Nero Burner, is that the problem? Please post replies. Thanks~!

ok here goes, tis really simple, coming frmo a cmoputer junkie turned audiophile lol.

Get all the mp3;s you want into a folder, all by them selves, soemhweere easy to find.

open up nero, select 'data disk' NOT audio disk. when the interface opens up, find the foleer with all the music, and select it all adn jt drag it in... i ususally put them all into winamp, and check what they show up as in tehre, thats what it will show up as in yur player.

if the wrong info pops u, right click on the individual file and change the properties. very simple.

hope ithelps

My Alpine CDA-7893 plays cds that has Mp3s on it, not necessarily an MP3 disc where you can have over hundreds of files... I made a CD-R Audio disc for my car, and found out that the Mp3 files did not display the track names. I used Winamp and altered over 1,000 Mp3's ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags, therefore showing what I want to see. Now how can making a Data Disc going to help me, if my Alpine isn't MP3 compatible. I can only make Audio Cds, I don't want to waste a blank cd knowing that it won't work... Please tell me another method... Thanks

Key Features

• 60W x 4 V-Drive Hybrid Amplifier

• Bass Engine® Plus

- Media Xpander™

- 4-Channel Digital Time Correction

- 3-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover

- Subwoofer Level Control with Phase Selector

- Bass Center Frequency and Width Control

- Treble Center Frequency Control

• XM Satellite Radio Ready

• CD-R/RW Playback

• Versatile-Link™ Ready

• KCA-410C Multi-Versatile Link Terminal Compatible

• MaxTune SQ Tuner

• Regulated 1Bit DAC

• 4 Volt Subwoofer PreOut

• 3 PreOuts

• Silver Finish with Bright Blue LEDs

• Swing Mechanism with Detachable Face

• RUE-4187 Wireless Remote Control Included

taht is straight off the alpine north american website.

nowhere there does it dasay you can play MP3's, i think youa re mistaken. Unless its nota complete website, and i highly doubt that.

What it does tell me is that you can burn files toa cd-r or cdrw and reburn onto taht cdrw, not that u can play MP3's.

im not sure how the media xpander works, but im not sure that it will actually play MP3's in taht capacity.

Being a bit of a \computer geek, as far as i know, that is the ponly way to burn MP3's onto a CD, in data format. Any other form, IE music, automatically makes it into riff wav files, i know nero does taht for a fact.

Thats my story and im sticking to it.

so his original post was inaccurate, dod be more accurate! lol jk jk

change the MP3 to a wave using anotehr program, or winamp, WMP anything, then go to those files and open them in winamp, doing the same thing as i said b4.

You guys are totally misundestanding me.... Okay, let me refrase this for you wonderboy... I know the specs on my Alpine, you think I didn't do research on my equipment before I bought it. Secondly I'm not refering to playing MP3 data discs, I was refering to playing a AUDIO CD with MP3s ON THEM.... Get it? My Alpine is capable of reading the track names on them if burned correctly on a AUDIO CD.... Now does anyone know how this works? My Alpine displays, "NO TITLE" meaning it couldn't read a specific data on the cd provided by the MP3 file I burned on the AUDIO CD-R... Now Wonderboy, rethink and don't try to act like I'm stupid...

ok 'lousy *****' :p lol jk jk jk

my suggestion is - now listen carefully, i'll type slowly for you....

convert them to riff wave using a ripping program, i like cdex, anyways, amke them into wav, no longer MP3, then once they are wav's alter their ID tags using winamp, i knwo waht im talkinga bout, jsut try it.

worst comes to worst, i'll send you a 35 cent CD,

i know exactly what your problem is, maybe... what you do, is when u goto burn an AUDIO cd, under one of the tabs, "audio cd" i believe, there is a little check box that says "write cd-text to cd" click it. then b4 you burn the cd, change the title is properties to what youi want it to display, and the burn, bam! then you go and see if it works... this is how i do it, and it works for me, also if you don't have the check box, update your nero to version 5.5 i believe. hopefully this works...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :)

Hey McCraperson, that's what I did. I clicked the box indicating write text to cd... I have Nero version 5.5.4.0 and I didn't alter the properties in the box where you enter what Mp3s you want in the cd. It's all in order the way i want and I burned the cd, tested it in my car, but nothing shown up... Any ideas as to what's wrong?

I think your problem is your burner. If its to old It will not be able to burn text.

Thats what was wrong with my old burn . When I had the same problem.

if anyone would just stop to think a second, they'd notice on the 7893 box nowhere does it say CD-TEXT. Yet on the 7894 it has the logo CD-TEXT right on the box. Its not your burner, your mp3s, or wavs, it simply doesnt do it. You can type the cd name in on your head unit but it will not display names of the tracks. I was dissapointed too but thats the way things go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.