Alpine or Kicker??

Participant count
  • Participant list

gladeguy

BC
Hi

New to the forum, need a bit of advice

Got a new 2011 GMC HD Crew and Im gonna put a single Kicker Soloclassic 12" 4ohm dvc

under the back driver seat.

What amp should i go with?

Alpine PDX -M6 or a Kicker ZX 750.1

Thanks

Im also thinking of putting in a Pioneer p4200 headunit. Dont need BT or Nav, but want the Ipod.

Im open to sugestions on this topic as well

I have the Bose setup in my pickup, less the Nav.

I do have the backup cam in the rearview mirror and was wondering if i would be able to

hook that to the headunit aslo.

Thanks alot everyone

I'd get the KX750 and keep it matched but you can do better pricewise with a dif amp...and as good or better quality..

as far as the deck... if it is the 4200dvd double din deck you can hook the camera into it... if it is just the single din dehP4200bt you can not..

Zapco DC750.2 and a TC sounds based driver or a XBL^2 driver like what Creative Sound Solutions offers with their SDX10. Ive always wanted to try one out.

175x2 @ 4 ohms

360 x 2 @ 2 ohms

780 x 1 @ 4,2,1 ohms

Amp is a bit too big to put behind seat, but the sub is very interesting....

Anyone else chime in on how this sub sounds?

PS i only have 6.5" mounting depth

6.5" = 6 8/16 I will have 3/16 to work with.

I also have the option of putting in a square 10 but the solo 12" has a higher peak and rms rating.

No vent in the voice coil so even if it was 6.5"it be ok no?

What i had before rocked very hard. I had a Ram Quad Cab with a Qlogic modified to fit a JBL P1020ll

I had it running with a JBL BP 600.1. Out did my buddys Kicker square 10 (L5), we were both impressed.

I want that again, and having the room to run a 12", I wanna do it.

Thanks for the info. Gonna keep my eyes open

Kinda like the small foot print of the Alpine and localy have been told its good.

But like before when I had JBL, I kept it matched up, or it might be a Kicker!!

Any reviews on Pioneers new double din 4300 dvd??

Zapco DC750.2 and a TC sounds based driver or a XBL^2 driver like what Creative Sound Solutions offers with their SDX10. Ive always wanted to try one out.
175x2 @ 4 ohms

360 x 2 @ 2 ohms

780 x 1 @ 4,2,1 ohms
yes Zapco make great amps but it is not a class d amp and there fore will draw more current.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.