Alpine MRP-M350 Info

Participant count
  • Participant list

adixon816
10+ year member

I need some help with my amp/sub combo. I have an alpine mrp-m350 pushing an IA 187 @ 2ohms. It sounds good when it's turned up within 5 clicks of full volume 30-35/35 but other then that it's kind of lacking when the head unit is in the mid 20's range. It sounds great with the sub setting at 3/5 (goes up in odd increments) but I have it set at zero right now. My gain is also set to the minimum. Is this issue arising from that? If so what is my best bet on setting the gain I tried reading the tutorials but I'm just confused I could likely get my hands on a dmm so that'd be my best bet. Thanks - Alex

Easy way to set your gains - Turn gains on your amps down all the way. Turn sub setting on HU to wherever you want. Turn volume knob on headunit to the highest level you will listen to it at (without clipping). Start turning gain up slowly until you hear clipping, then turn it down to just below that level. Done. This is all done while listening to some test tones or a bass heavy song of your choice, preferrably off of a cd or high quality source using high quality songs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.